Lack of Sleep Causes BIG Problems - Treat Insomnia Without Meds
Serious Consequences of Sleep Deprivation
I never realized how seriously sleep deprivation can affect us until a family member was having trouble sleeping. Then, because her lack of sleep was affecting her health and medical practitioners weren't helping one bit, I researched the topic.
The best article about the effects of sleep deprivation that I found is titled
The two most alarming points in this article are as follows:
Prolonged sleeplessness may increase risk of death.
Sleep disorders and chronic sleep loss can put you at risk for:
- Heart disease
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
- Irregular heartbeat
- High blood pressure
These 2 points alone were enough to continue to look for a non-med natural solution.
A Few Suggestions For How To Treat Insomnia
If you want to know how to cure insomnia naturally, you need to drop any thoughts of medications or supplements of any kind. Yes, there are natural muscle relaxers like valarian root that will help you sleep, but they act as a temporary fix. Synthetically made pharmaceuticals fall into the same category.
The following are some of the common ways you can make change your lifestyle or your environment to help you get into a naturally-induced sleep state:
- Alcohol will disrupt sleep, not enhance it. Do not drink alcohol before you sleep.
- Any light of any kind, including a TV set, will also alter natural sleep patterns. Keep your bedroom as dark and as quiet as possible.
- Use your bed for sleep, not for reading, watching TV, or playing on your computer. The idea is to associate the bed and its comfort with sleep.
- Keep your bedroom cool (not cold or hot).
- Sleeping with pets tends to interrupt a human's sleep. Restless animals wake you up periodically throughout the night, but you may not remember waking up.
- Any large meal should be consumed at least three hours before you plan to sleep. Going to sleep on a full stomach will put on weight as well as upset sleep patterns.
When The Suggestions Fail, Here's What To Do Next
What if all the suggestions mentioned in the previous section fail - what happens next?
Don't give up!
And don't go back to the meds.
There are natural ways to fall asleep!
Suppose you could slow down your brain waves so that they resemble sleep. People who meditate frequently are able to do this quite easily. Music and/or natural sounds also help slow brain waves naturally. It's called sound therapy and it works!
You can buy a CD or you can get your own sound system (sound oasis sleep sound therapy system). This system will put you to sleep with sounds and music proven to lull you naturally into a sleep state. How peaceful is this idea?
Click The Link Below To BUY
At Amazon's Bargain Price