- Exercise & Fitness
Five Simple Body Toning Workout Exercises That Can Be Done Anywhere
Five Simple Body Toning Exercises That Can Be Done Anywhere
Who does not think exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle? By staying in space and physically fit we improve our life expectancy among many other benefits. And the best exercises for increasing bone density and muscle mass are weight bearing exercises.
Most of us have some idea what needs to be when it comes to exercising but have a hard time finding a good place and a good time to work out. Lifestyles in American and around the globe are more hectic all the time and putting aside a period of time to exercise is not easy.
The good news is that weight bearing exercises are not just for muscle and body builders like those you see on magazine covers. Muscle mass and bone density decay as we grow older and for woman, bone density is especially difficult to maintain. The body takes calcium from bones when there isn’t enough in the diet. Muscle building increases your strength and builds stronger bones.
Below are 5 easy to do toning exercises that you can perform almost anywhere. These extremely effective exercises can be done at home, in the office over a lunch period, or in a hotel room after the day is complete or first thing in the morning.
1. The Bridge Butt Lift – To tone your buttocks use this butt lift in your exercise routine. Lay down on your back with your feet flat and your legs apart the same width as your shoulders. Place palms down along each side of your body. Then push with your feet upward contracting your gluteus muscles while lifting your butt off of the floor. Was completely extended, hold the position for 10 seconds before relaxing and repeating the lift.
2. Squats – A great exercise for the quadriceps, hamstrings, and butt. Using a chair with this exercise will help to make sure you have the correct form. Stand with you feet shoulder width apart, a little wider than a normal stance. Lower and push your butt backwards as if moving to sit down. Keep your upper body straight and squeeze your abdomen muscles. Lower your butt until you are in a normal sitting position and hold for 10 seconds. Placing your weight on your heels at this low position of the squat is best for toning and balance. Relax and return to the standing position.
3. Reverse Lunges – Lunge in reverse, of course. Great for the quadriceps, can be a little difficult if your knees are not 100%. This lunge is better than the forward lunge for the knees but still can be troubling. Stand with your feet apart like with the squat and have your arms at your sides. Start by moving one leg backward until it is extended and you are on the ball of your foot. Your front leg should be bent at a 90 degree angle. Now lower your body down to a point where your back leg is almost touching the floor. Hold for 10 seconds before relaxing and returning to the original position.
4. Pushups – This toning exercise is very familiar to many while being great for the arms and the chest. The knee pushup is allowed until you build up enough strength to lift your total body onto your toes. The exercise is bet performed with your arms underneath you as you lower than raise your body from the floor.
5. Crunches – Getting a flat stomach is a goal of many and the crunch is a toning exercise to help in this goal. Abdomen muscles can be worked on daily as opposed to other muscle groups that need a day of rest. For this exercise, lay on the floor with your feet flat and your hands together behind your head. Squeeze your stomach muscles and lift your upper body towards your knees. But only lift until your back is coming off the floor slightly. Hold for 10 seconds and then relax and return to the lying position.
All five of these toning exercises can be done at any time of the day, whenever your schedule permits. The effects of the exercises will build up over time so start slow as you will gain strength the longer you perform them on a regular basis.