- Quality of Life & Wellness»
- Personal Development
Five Ways to Build Extreme Resilience
Five ways to building extreme resilience
- Learn from any situation that happens to your life whether good or bad. I remember when I embarked on a journey in 2012 to start my own business. I put all my heart and should to into it. My partners and I worked day and night marketing our business and making toilet rolls and tissues and selling to our target market. To cut the story short after 4 years that business was milking us dry and we were in so much debt and could not break even. The government in that four year period signed a deal with China and suddenly everyone could get our products cheaper and for that reasons, we lost contracts with companies we were supplying as they could get it somewhere cheaper. There was no way we could have foreseen that tragedy to our business and we could not bounce back as manufacturing the products was expensive to us we could not compete with China. It was a tragedy but we all took lessons from that business venture. I have learned valuable lessons that I am practicing and I am using in the online business that I have started. Whether good or bad the experience is meant to teach you something. Don't label anything as bad but just a learning curve. This concept will teach you to be resilient and bounce quickly from any failure.
- Albert Einstein called this benevolent universe. Is the universe friendly? Sometimes we think we are getting something we don't want but when you look back you realize that was something you really needed. If your business fails you think why did I have to go through that, but truth be told we learn by mistakes. Through these challenges we built resilience and it is where we realize how much we want to pursue entrepreneurship. Truth be told I believe God wants the job done. He lays the path for me and ensures He aligns resources and simply asks you to collaborate with Him
- Invest in the process. Clearly, envision the activities you need to undertake and enjoy the journey. Invest in the journey the road to success is very important, enjoy the journey with its heartaches and pain, do not be too focused on success that you fail to enjoy your journey. You are doing the very best you are capable of whether you succeed or not won't crush you as you have done the best you capable of. You are being an instrument this is your path in life. Do not obsess about the goal perform activities with diligence as the direction has been identified.
- Be grateful. We spent too much time focusing on the few things that are wrong in our lives and neglect the majority of things that are going well in our lives. Think how fortunate you are that you have a family that loves you, you have clean water to drink, you have food on the table, you have a roof over your head, etc. How fortunate you are. Genuinely feel gratitude. Move from thinking gratitude to feeling gratitude. Live in a world where gratitude is your normal feeling. It's not simply a list. The list does not feel you with emotions, but feeling emotions is more crucial.
- Learn to see beyond one’s expression. You have the ability to refrain from any situation. See beyond the expression of anger from a loved one, learn to use refraining concept to turn a bad situation to a better one.