Fluorides: The Toxins We Take In
Disclaimer: Parts of this article which deal with advertisements and brands are not directed at any particular company or brand.
“Does your toothpaste have salt?” I bet several people around the world have watched these sorts of advertisements in their own language or version. I don’t know about your toothpaste containing salt… But I am sure of your toothpaste containing poison… Yes!! Believe it or not. Knowingly or unknowingly, you are being fed poison every day in one form or the other. These poisons are the dangerous fluorides. Read further to see how these fluorides are affecting your health, how they are being fed to you and how they can be eliminated to a great extent from your daily life.
The dangerous effects of fluorides
Many of us don’t know how fluorides are affecting us mentally and physically every day, let alone their sources. The following are just some of the ways they are causing havoc in our lives.
- Fluorides causes brain damage. Yes, if you didn’t know, fluorides directly affect your penial gland, which is important for several brain activities. Some of the brain related problems caused by fluorides include lower IQ and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Fluorides cause neurotoxicity, thus affecting your nervous system. Most of the adults are able to excrete 50-60% of fluoride, while children absorb most of the fluorides. This must show you how early in their age, they can be affected by fluorides.
- Fluorides cause dental fluorosis, a condition where your tooth enamels become progressively discoloured while causing other tooth related problems.
- Not only do fluorides cause dental fluorosis, but they also cause skeletal fluorosis, which affects your bones and joints, slowly deteriorating them. This leads to arthritis and other bone and joint related problems.
- They can cause thyroid dysfunctions. In fact, a number of doctors in Europe prescribe fluorides to patients suffering from hyperthyroidism in order to reduce thyroid activity.
- Fluorides may lead to early puberty and reproductive dysfunctions in males. Fluorides damages sperms, leading to infertility. Fluorides affect melatonin production, leading to an early onset of puberty.
Sources of the harmful fluorides
Fluorides are consumed by us in various forms. While they are not mixed in large quantities, they are mixed with our daily food and water in small quantities with various pretexts. These are some sources of fluorides.
- Drinking water. Yes!! Fluorides are mixed with drinking water that is supplied to our household taps, with the pretext of purifying it.
- Toothpaste and mouthwash. Yup!! Most of your toothpaste brands have fluorides in them. Interestingly, these toothpastes also come with a warning about consuming toothpaste. Yet, who cares, right??
- Various food sources. There are several food sources have negligible amounts of fluorides. However, what adds to the increase in fluoride levels are the fertilizers and pesticides used while growing food crops. Add fluoride rich water to clean these food products and voila!! You got yourself a fluoride rich food source.
How can you avoid fluorides?
There are very simple steps you can take to avoid fluorides in most cases.
- Go for organically grown food sources. It may be a bit more expensive than your normal food sources available in the market. But, isn’t prevention better than cure? Moreover. Can are you really willing to live an unhealthy lifestyle?
- Stop buying fluoride rich toothpaste. I am sure in most countries, you will get herbal toothpaste, with a little bit of search. Moreover, with health consciousness levels going up in most countries, there are bound to be manufacturers and retailers dealing with herbal products in your country.
- When it comes to drinking water, you may not be able to do much at the source where fluorides are added, unless you can educate your local authorities of alternate ways of purifying water. What you can do is to use purifiers at your home to purify water. Nowadays, there are several water purifiers with advanced technologies such as reverse osmosis. Use them.
- Regular exercise removes several toxins from the body including fluorides, which goes out through sweat.
Knowingly or unknowingly, we have been feeding on poison called fluorides every day. But when we find out the truth, it is better to start taking steps to avoid and eliminate these dangerous fluorides from our body