- Alternative & Natural Medicine
How to choose Food for your Health
You are what you eat.
Ok, so I know you have heard that saying at least a million times, but have you really stopped to think about what it means? If you answered yes then you are rare indeed. Most people don’t consciously connect that what they are putting in their body becomes their body. It really hit me when I was pregnant with my first child. I realized that everything that I was eating was creating a little body. I’ve always known food could contribute to my health but it was when I was pregnant that I started to really care about what I was eating.
I now use those realizations of my pregnancy days to help clients. I would recommend that if you are concerned about your health or if you want to improve your health then pay attention to what you are eating. This may sound too time consuming or not something you want to be bothered with, but if you are suffering from health issues then I suggest you do the following:
- Look at the label. Anything that you don’t know on that label has a good chance of creating digestive problems in your body because it doesn’t know how to digest it. All those additives are creating heaviness and too many additives can lead to skin rashes or weight gain.
- Eat freshly cooked foods. Foods more than 24 hours old tend to lose their freshness and the ability to turn to energy. The whole purpose of us eating food is so our body can break it down into energy and to repair or build tissue and blood. If you are tired after eating or you feel heavy then it could be because the food is old. Freshly cooked foods should give you energy and make you feel good.
- Stop using the microwave!! Microwaves zap the energy from the food. This means that after microwaving you are only feeding the body bulk and no longer giving it a chance to absorb the life energy. While cooking over a fire is a natural way of cooking, microwaving is not.
- Buy organic. Organic foods do not have pesticides, herbicides or hormones added. When we eat food that isn’t organic we are adding unnecessary additives to our bodies that will eventually create health problems.
- Cut back on tinned or canned foods. These foods also lack life energy. The exception is if you have canned the food yourself. While your freshly canned foods won’t have as much life energy as a fresh food, they will have more than any that you buy off the shelf in a supermarket.
- Buy food packaged in glass rather than plastic. This, I admit, is not an easy one to get 100% right as most things are packaged in plastic especially here in Ireland. But, when you have an option always choose the one that is in glass as the glass isn’t a toxic substance and it won’t leak into the foods that are stored in them.
Overall, if you care about the quality of your food then you will have the best chances of having a healthy body. If you don’t care about your food you will most certainly experience health problems be it digestive, low energy, weight gain/loss, heart problems, mood swings, PMS or extreme menopausal symptoms, all of these things are a sign that your body isn’t as healthy as it could be.