- Death & Loss of Life
Life Quotes: Quotes On and About Life
Quotes on Life
Life Quotes for Speeches or Messages
Life quotes are quotes about life that eloquently convey a message about life. Life can be difficult, inspiring, and messy. Some people are especially talented at expressing things about life that others can relate to. These life quotes can be used for speeches or messages in cards. Life quotes give a new perspective to life.
Life in Words: Quotations about our Human Lives
Life is a mystery that can not be easily explained or summed up in a few words. That doesn't keep some people from trying. Quotes about life help you make sense of the time we have from birth to death, and other life quotes are meant to make you laugh. Those who have lived more life seem to do a better job of putting the words together that most cannot.
Quotes are used for a variety of occasions. Life quotes can be used to help a grieving person feel the sympathy you are trying to express in a card message, give you inspiration to live a purposeful life, or start or end an effective speech for a graduating class. Whatever the reason you need a life quote, you will find some familiar quotes about life here. There are also some made up by this author, which may help you organize your thoughts about life.
Famous Quotes about Life
These life quotes are by people you may have heard of. Philosophers, writers, artists, and humanitarians give us many of our best quotes.
- "The great use of life is to spend it for something that outlasts it." -William James
- "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" -unknown
- "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." -Henry David Thoreau, Economy in Walden, 1854
- "We need to find God, and he can't be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature-trees, flowers, grass-grows in silence; see the stars, the moon, and the sun, see how they move in silence. We need silence to be able to touch souls." -Mother Teresa
- "Our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness." -Vladimir Nabokov, Speak, Memory, 1951
- "When you have everything, you have everything to lose." -Ben Harper
- "We are always getting ready to live but never living." -Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journal, 1834
- "At seventy, I would say the advantage is that you take life more calmly. You have that "this, too, shall pass!" -Eleanor Roosevelt
- "If life were predictable, it would cease to be life and be without flavor." -Eleanor Roosevelt
- "All that man hath will he give for his life" -Job, Bible
Made Up Life Quotes
These life quotes were made up by me to give you some fresh material. These will not be found anywhere else online, because they are original. Please feel free to quote me in your card message, speech, or other venue.
- "life is the tiny sliver left over after you subtract all the time you weren't around, the time you already lived, and the time you won't be around."
- "Getting to the top and enjoying the view for five minutes seems like a shame."
- "When I die, the thing I'm looking forward to most is no longer having to figure and pay my taxes."
- "We tend to work hardest trying to change things about ourselves that are impossible to change. Just think how much better off we'd all be if we took responsibility for the decisions we can make."
- "Life gets shorter the older you get."
- "Life may not be fair, but death levels the playing field. No one can get out of death."
- "We come into this world much like the way we go out."
- "We make life or death decisions all the time. Every time you breathe, you are deciding to let yourself stay alive. Every time you do something unhealthy, you are deciding to kill yourself slowly. Most people don't notice that they are dying slowly until it's too late."
- "No one asks to be born, but we can all show gratitude for our gift of life."
- "Life is the weakest strength you'll ever have. It is powerful, but easily taken."