The Fruit Fast
Here are my tips for doing a 3-7 day fruit fast.
- What are the results you want? What are you doing it for? See yourself at the end of the fast with the results you want. Results may be that you want your skin to be clearer. You may want to see your mind more alert and clear. Or you may just want to feel lighter and more positive. Whatever your desired result you need it to be clear in your mind.
- Choose the amount of time you are going to give to the fast. Choose from 3-7 days.
- Be realistic. If you have chosen to do a 7 day fast you need to have it in your head that you may want to stop during the process so it's important that you are clear as to why you are doing the fast. Remind yourself of what you want to see as a result of your hard work and efforts. Your reasons may be long and varied, but it's important that you know why you are doing the fast and keep your end results in the front of your mind if and when your mind wants to talk you out of doing the fast.
- Choose your fruits wisely. Here are just a few fruits and their properties that will aid you in doing a fruit fast:
- Grapefruit strengthens the immune system allows the body to heal quickly.
- Figs are a good filler to help your body feel full. Figs will help in your overall bowel movements, will decrease phlegm and assists the urinary and immune system.
- Oranges aid the body in speeding up its ability to heal itself they also keep the veins and capillaries strong.
- Berries are great for aiding the body in releasing toxins through urinating because they are high in water. They also make you feel good so be sure to include berries in your fruit fast.
- Apples aid the immune system and are good for the hair and skin.
- Grapes are a great fruit for making you feel full while suppressing the appetite and flushing toxins from the kidneys.
Now that you've chosen your fruits, have the amount of time you are going to dedicate to the fruit fast and are driven by the results you want to see there are a couple more things to keep in mind.
- Eat whenever you are hungry. Don't hold back on how much you eat. Allow yourself to eat as much as you need to in order to feel good. Expect your appetite to fluctuate, but please DO NOT eat just because of the time. Allow yourself to eat if and when you feel you need to.
- Stay positive. This fast may or may not be challenging for you but what I’ve learned through fasting is that the mind can make and create problems even if you have the very best of intentions. Don’t be hard on yourself, but be firm and continue to persevere no matter what the mind wants to say. Remember that anything the mind says against you doing this cleanse is only going against what you really want to do which is see the results from your fast. Set up ahead of time positive affirmations that will keep you motivated to continue and finish what you set out to achieve.
Above everything else, remember that life is to be enjoyed. Don’t look at this as hard work or a daunting task. Look forward to doing it and enjoy the delicious sweetness of the fruits. Keep the end result as your reason for doing and imagine how good you are going to feel once you’ve reached the end. Enjoy the process.