The Benefits of the Common Fruits
Fruit is part of our healthy diet. It is the excellent source of many vitamins, and consists the largest part of water. Furthermore, fruit is not expensive at all! Here's a list of the benefits of the common fruits:
- Bananas: Believe it or not, the aminoacid tryptophan found in bananas, reduces depression. The vitamin B6 regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect our mood. It is perfect to beat blood pressure since the fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt!
- Apples: It reduces tooth decay by biting and chewing an apple because its stimulates the production of saliva in our mouth. Women who eat an apple per day is more likely to reduce the chance of developing type 2 diabetes. Also, red apples contain an antioxidant called quercetin, that helps boost and fortify our immune system.
- Grapes: Grapes are mostly water - 65% to 85%. It has a significant amount of potassium and boost brain activity. Moreover it prevent heart disease, fight illness, and fight cancer. So, why not eat more grapes daily?
- Oranges: We all know that oranges are rich in vitamin C. Did you know that oranges can help to suppress appetite up approximately up to 4 hours? Studies also show that oranges contain a natural skin cancer fighting chemical. By the way, the natural oil in oranges keeps our skin looking young and fresh.
- Watermelons: Lycopene is found in watermelons. It reduces the risk of prostate cancer and heart disease. Great source of both vitamin B6 (promote chemicals in the brain that help people to cope with anxiety and panic) and vitamin C (boost the immune system so we get sick less often!)
- Strawberries: Strawberries have cardiovascular support and prevention of cardiovascular disease. It improves regulation of blood sugar. Finally, it prevents certain types of cancer such as breast, cervical, colon, and esophageal.