Fruits and Vegetables are Nature's Medicines
Cure from the kitchen
Let’s get cured with fruits and vegetables from any diseases.
My sister handed me some footnotes of some popular fruits and vegetables to cure me from allergies that I’ve acquired working in the galley of the ship I was working on in 2002. I was already taking medication given by the company doctor in Italy, so I just inserted between the pages of my Seaman’s Center Guide book. When I returned to the Philippines, I already forgotten it because my allergy, mildew simplex (fungi allergy), was cured temporarily. Now, while arranging my things, I remember the four pages advisory about the fruits and vegetables that can cure any diseases without taking any synthetic medications or drugs that are prescribed by our family doctor.
Even with the passing or approval on Low-Priced Medicines, we can also eat these fruits and vegetables that can serve as first aid when body disorders or diseases invade our bodies.
Here are some of the fruits and vegetables that you also organically grow in your backyard or home garden.
1) Apple: It facilitates digestion and cleanses the stomach and intestinal organs (both small and large intestines). It also induces good sleep and soothes the nerves.
2) Avocado: It cures flatulence or disorder in stomach. It increases bodily and intellectual strength. It also fortifies the eyesight.
3) Banana: It cures nervousness. It also helps fight obesity. It also eliminates kidney trouble and neuralgia. If you have a five-month old baby, you can mash the banana and serve it as baby food.
4) Cabbage: It cures ulcers, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, diabetes, asthma, bronchitis and anemia. It also cleanses the blood.
5) Carrot: First, it is a major source of Vitamin A or beta carotene which is good for maintaining good eyesight. It also serves as worm expellant especially for the kids. It also cures rheumatism, diseases of the lungs, intestines, liver and bladder; stomach and kidney troubles, cough and eye cataract. It cleanses the skin and lightens complexion.
6) Coconut: It cures internal and external fevers, diseases of the nerves, abscesses of the stomach and loss of memory. It is an excellent food for infant, incorporated as milk.
7) Cucumber: It is known as beautifying agent (lessening eye bugs). It combats, cleanses and cures stomach, kidney, liver and throat troubles.
8) Eggplant: It cures insomnia. Eat plenty of it by just boiling it. Applied to burns as poultices.
9) Garlic: It cures nervousness, pulmonary abscesses, rheumatism, loss of appetite, varicose veins; throat, lungs, heart disease and kidney trouble. It regulates blood pressure and expels worms.
10) Guava: It cures diarrhea, dysentery, beri-beri or scurvy and regulates metabolism.
11) Lemon: It cures loss of appetite, any type of hemorrhage, coughs, tuberculosis, and cancer. It also cures swelling, sores, insect bites and any type of fever and diseases caused by injections or vaccinations.
12) Mango: It cures scurvy, tooth ache, diseases of the gums, fever and cough. It also purifies our blood.
13) Melon or Watermelon: It cures rheumatism, gout, obesity, hemorrhoid, stomach and blood acidity; arthritis and headaches. It stimulates appetite, strengthens and refreshes the body.
14) Onion: It cures dandruff and falling hair, cough and varicose veins. It also expels worms. It is also a memory enhancer.
15) Orange: It cures nervousness; diseases of the teeth, mouth, throat, larynx, kidney, liver, stomach, bladder, pancreas, ovaries and uterus. It can also cure gout, arthritis, paleness, insomnia, constipation, tuberculosis and rickets.
16) Papaya: It cures cough originating from the lungs; pulmonary ailments and diseases of the liver. It also expels worms.
17) Peanuts: It strengthens those who indulge in manual labor and do mental work.
18) Pineapple: It cures jaundice, stomach trouble; diseases of spleen, liver, intestines. Mouth and throat, loss of memory, nervousness, asthma, dysmenorrheal, constipation, rheumatism, arthritis, anemia and dropsy. It also helps in the formation of the blood, bones, teeth, nerves and muscles.
19) Potato: It cures diseases of the stomach, like: hyperacidity, fermentation and gas pain. Frictioning or massaging raw potatoes grated or in slices, counteracts skin rashes. You can also make poultice for burns.
20) Radish: It cures whooping cough, rheumatism, gall bladder trouble, eradicates mucus in the stomach and intestines, tuberculosis and asthma.
21) Tomato: It cures rheumatism and eczema; maintains good function of the liver; eruptions of the skin and pus. You can drink tomato juice as a powerful remedy for uric acid.
Maintaining a healthy body and sound mind is not as costly as you think. The cure is just within our reach. We just have to expand our knowledge about the benefits of the things around us.