Geranium Oil and How it Can Help You
Geranium Oil is known as the "Woman's Oil" because of its menstrual and menopausal benefits.Aside from woman's health, Geranium has many uses, where as most oils seem to help with aches and pains, Geranium has a wide range of what it can be used for. The flowers themselves are beautiful and exotic, and the scent from the oil portrays this exotic flower's spicy aroma, this oil is gentle enough to be used on almost anyone, with no known side affects or irritations.
1. Aphrodisiac- Drop 8 to 10 drops in an oil diffuser, or rub a few drop behind your ears.
2. Respiratory problems- use 5 drops in a vaporizer.
3.Frostbite- rub 5 drops onto the area, massaging it in completely.
4. Tension and Stress- place a drop on the inside of each palm, using your thumb, apply pressure and rub into the center of your hand.
5. Cellulite- mix 10 to 20 drops with at least 1 to 2 ounces of carrier oil (vegetable oils or base oils) and rub on the areas that are bothersome to you.
6. Premenstrual syndrome and menstrual cramps- follow the above steps for number 5 and focus on your abdomen and lower back, massaging the area.
7. Sore throat associated with most sicknesses- Heat up a bowl or cup of water with a few drops inhaling the steam.
8. Wrinkles and skin blemishes- Geranium oil has natural astringents associated with it, which helps the skin. mix a few drop into a base lotion, preferably one that is hypoallergenic with no fragrances. Rub the lotion mixture onto the face, for acne use one drop on rub onto the specific blemish, once you have washed your face with warm water.
9. For minor cuts and burns- Use a natural anti bacterial and cleanse the wound, preventing infection during the healing process, it is also a coagulant with helps stop bleeding, and speeds up the healing process. Also use on scars to help them fade.
10. For Depression and anxiety- the aroma of geranium helps calm and sooth the mind promoting good sleep while working to lift your moods. The aromatherapy of this oils is good for people suffering with depression or any difficult situation in life.
There are so many natural benefits associated with Geranium oil. If you would like a more in depth understanding of what this oil can do for you check out the links I have posted below.
- Geranium oil and its many healing ways - Amoils.com
Today, more and more health conscious members of the public are turning to pure natural products using herbs, plants and of course, essential oils. One such essential oil is geranium.