Get a flat tummy with the right exercise and food
Banish the bulge
Stomach fat is a difficult problem to deal with. Some people are more prone to storing body fat than others whereas others are very lucky. If you are a person who struggles with keeping your tummy toned, then there are certain ways to flatten your stomach for good. Whether you are preparing to get in your bikini for a holiday or if you just wish to make a change to your body, do not fret because there are simple tips that can create outstanding effects when followed precisely.
Exercise to get a flat tummy
Exercise is always a great way to get in shape and stay in shape. Not only does it do your body good but also your mental health. Exercise releases something called Endorphins which help to keep you happy and create a good sense of wellbeing.
There are many exercises that help to flatten the tummy and reduce stomach fat. Take note of the following and implement them into your daily routine for 30 minutes to 1 hour a day. As you get accustomed to them you may be able to do more, but do not push yourself.
Crunches are a very effective way to tone your stomach muscles and get them noticed.
- Start by lying flat on your back.
- Place your knees togeher and your feet flat on the floor, close to your bottom.
- Rest your hands comfortably across your chest.
- Slowly, raise your shoulders off the floor by contracting your ab muscles. Ensure to keep your lower back on the floor.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and exhale.
- Relax your stomach muscles as you let your shoulders touch the floor again. Repeat this 10-20 times, depending on your ability. You are sure to see results quickly, and feel them too.
Elevated sit-ups are a good exercise for toning your stomach. These should also be done daily for the best results.
- Lie flat on the ground.
- Elevate legs whilst slightly bending the knee. You can rest your legs on a chair or bed to keep them midway in the air.
- Pull your body up while keeping your rear touching the floor. To know you have done it correctly, make sure your chest touches your knees.
- Lower yourself back down slowly and repeat the exercise with several reps and breaks in between, when necessary.
This exercise is fantastic for your ab muscles and allows the muscles that hide away to become noticed and defined.
- Stand up with your feet firmly shoulder width apart.
- Twist your torso to the left and hold the position for a couple of seconds. Do the same with your right side.
- Be sure to tighten your ab muscles when you hold the position.
- Repeat 10-20 times with sets of 3.
Follow these exercises and inlcude them in your daily schedule. They do not take long and are well known for making your tummy look and feel fit!
Food for a flat tummy
Eating the right foods
Not only does exercise produce satisfying results when you are on a mission to get a toned tummy, but also does food. Eating the correct types of food plays a big part in working to get a flat stomach.
Without eating foods that are good for reducing stomach fat, your hard efforts will not be as greatly rewarding. Using exercise and good food to get a great abs is the best way to get results quickly.
Pay attention to eating the following types of foods:
This type of nut contains fibre, protein and vitamin E which is a very powerful antioxidant. Also a good source of magnesium which is essential for energy, building and maintaining muscle tissue, and regulating blood sugar.
Eggs are an incredible protein source. Eating eggs at the beginning of a day will reduce hunger cravings throughout the remainder of the day.
Soy has many antioxidants, fibre, and protein. Soy protein shakes can help you lose weight.
Berries are crammed with fibre and this helps you get a good level of antioxidants which can help blood flow make muscles contract more efficiently.
- Leafy greens
It is always great to eat your greens. Leafy greens contain calcium and are wondrous for muscle building. They also contain carotenoids which can help to prevent cancer from occurring.
Most yoghurts contain a probiotic bacteria that assist in keeping the digestive system healthy. This means you can expect reduced bloating and constipation.
- Veggie Soup
Substituting vegetable soup for other usual snacks is great for filling you up and giving you your 5 vegetables a day.
Salmon has a considerable source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. These healthy fats ensure your metabolism works efficiently.
- Whole grains
Whole grains are in many things like bread and cereals. Eating good amounts of wholemeal in your diet means you get good levels of fibre, protein and are able to stay fuller for longer.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away and not only that but a large apple supplies you with 5 grams of fibre, and 85% water which helps you to feel full.
These are the best types of food to consume if you wish to get a flat tummy. Incorporate them into your meals or substitute them for snacks along with a healthy exercise regime and you should have an abs to be jealous about in no time!
Tip: Stay motivated by posting images on your wall of the flat tummy you wish to achieve. Get vital tips to lose weight here: http://bestdietplantoloseweightpermane.blogspot.com