- Personal Health Information & Self-Help»
- Health Self-Help
How to get strong and white teeth with home remedies
Some Great Home Remedies For Healthy And White Teeth
People spend hours under the weird tools of dentist to keep their teeth white and healthy, spending a fortune sometimes. These chemically treated white teeth gets weakened due to constant drilling and vibration of dental tools and machines. We all know some basic things to keep our teeth and gums healthy. But, due to our laziness and negligence, bring tooth decay at an early stage. There are some home remedies to keep our teeth health at an optimum level. All these remedies are easily understandable and can be applied on your teeth without any burden on your daily routine.
- The most important and prominent point to keep our teeth healthy is to 'brush after eating'. We all know this basic rule, but we all forget this or neglect this basic idea. Do brush your teeth before sleeping, brushing takes out the left over food particles and acidic remains of the food from your teeth. It is almost 90% effective.
- Eat strawberries, strawberries have malic acid (enzyme) which helps in keeping your teeth and the gums healthy. For greater benefit, you can mix baking powder and apply on the tooth to see the shining difference after a couple of months of usage. Strawberries also gives a polished look to your teeth.
- Oil pulling- It is a very ancient ayurvedic technique, although its practice is very rare, but very much effective in not only keeping your teeth and gums healthy. It is also effective in controlling in your cholesterol, cleanse your mouth of bacteria and parasites, joint pain. Its very simple to use. Soon after waking up, before brushing, swish your mouth vigorously with very high quality of oil for about 20 minutes side to side and through your teeth and then spit out. Sesame oil is recommended for this practice.
- Do brush with a branch of neem tree. Take a small branch of neem tree and break it to the size of normal toothbrush. Rub it on your teeth all around. It gives strength to your gums and teeth. It is also very effective in keeping your immune system at the best. It kills germs, bacteria present in your mouth.
- The use of charcoal to cleanse teeth sounds weird. But, it has properties to absorb impurities form water and in countries like India. It is widely used as a cleansing agent for tooth.
- Lemon juice can also do wonders to your tooth. A teaspoon of lemon juice mixed with a pinch of salt and a little baking soda is a good home made medicine to keep your tooth shining. Moderate the use of lemon juice or lemon products as the acidic content of lemon juice can be a cause of sensitivity for your tooth.
- Carrot, we know is good for eyes. It is also wonderful for keeping your tooth shining and healthy. The fiber content of the carrot helps in cleaning of the tooth surface and prevents plaque accumulation.Just have it as much as you can as it does not have any acidic content to sensitize your tooth.
- As carrot is a fruit which is helps in healthy tooth due to fiber content. Include fibrous food in your diet to improve the look of your tooth and gums.
- Dark chocolate is also beneficial in the strengthening of your tooth enamel. We all avoid sweet products to prevent tooth decay, but this sweet product is contrary to the conventional notion. Dark chocolate gives strength to your tooth enamel which prevents discoloration of your tooth. A substance called theobromine, which hardens the surface of the tooth and hence high staining food becomes ineffective.
- Hard cheese called cheddar whitens tooth and can remove food particles to prevent tooth decay.
- Chewing gum, we say is bad sometimes if chewed for daily. But, sugarless gum is helpful in keeping the tooth white. I t also reduces the amount of bacteria present in the mouth, basically it increases the flow of saliva in the mouth which deters the number of bacteria.
- Avoid smoking, drinking too much of coffee and beverages, they are known for discoloration of tooth as well as bad for your health, if consumed more.
- Brush your teeth daily in a circular motion. This prevents your gums from unwanted wear and tear during brushing and also covers your tooth fully.
- Flossing once a day is also a wonderful technique to keep your tooth healthy and whiter. It prevents formation of plaque between your tooth. Most dentist recommend flossing is useful in keeping your tooth healthy.
- Take two or three neem leaves, grind it and make a paste. Brush this paste on your teeth twice a week. It kills all the germs and bacteria present in mouth and thus make your teeth healthy.
- How to get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes
Glowing eyes on a glowing face adds extra attraction towards a person. Nowadays, dark circles are commonly seen on everyone's face. You can now be clear off those dark circles and puffy eyes at home
Home remedies can be a little time taking in respect to on the counter medicines available in the market. Remember friends, its good to use things that our body is made of, as this will not hamper the functions of the body. Home remedies does not have any side effects, it responds to the problem and heals effectively for a long lasting solution.