Green Tea, Sensa, Acai Berry-Which is Right for You to loss weight?
If losing weight is so easy, then how come Americans are so over weight? The number of adults age 20 and over who are obese is 34%. The number of adults in the same age groups who are overweight is 34%. This is determined by the BMI (Body Mass Index). That number gives us a total of 68% of Americans who are classified as ‘fat deposits.’ The difference between overweight and obese is in the BMI numbers. Overweight is from 25 – 29.9 BMI and obese is any BMI over 30. The BMI is a measure of body fat based on your weight and height. Below 25 is considered good. Let’s join the diet revolution and take a closer look at three diets and their ads. The Green Tea diet, the Sensa diet, and the Acai Berry diet,
Sensa says all you have to do is click to lose and you can try it for free. Sensa is a crystal that comes in a container similar to a tic-tac candy dispenser. The dieter shakes the crystals on salads, cereal and everything you eat. These crystals work on your sense of smell. Supposedly telling your brain, specifically the satiety center that you are full and to stop eating. This product is patent pending. The sensa crystals add a few calories to your intake, but you lose weight. The ads state the average weight loss is 30.5 pounds in six months. That is only five pounds per months.
Try Sensa for free. A full 30 days to try and guaranteed to loss weight or pay nothing. Well, nothing is for free. First you must pay the shipping and handling of $4.95 and of course must sign up. This is where you are trapped. Signing up requires your name, address, e-mail and telephone. All this information is then sold and you are inundated. You will receive a catalog with other special offer, a 60 day supply, (remember 30 days in free), two- .70 oz shakers for each month, directions on how to use and a getting started DVD. The cost for this product is $89.00 per month. You have received your second month, so they will charge you. If you cancel right away, the paperwork takes into the third month. Complaints from customers state the free 30 day supply costs them $178.00 plus.
The Acai Berry diet also offers a free trail. Unknowingly you sign up for subscription charges and are billed $85.00 per month. It is very difficult to cancel. The acai berry is filled with natural vitamins and minerals. Adding acai to your diet aids in weight loss, builds muscles, and increases your energy levels. You can purchase acai, fresh, frozen or as dried berries. The berries can be cooked and added to recipes, used as cereal toppings, put in granola, yogurt, muffins and cookies. Acai also comes in a liquid form as an extract or in capsule form.
The acai berry is high in fiber, omega fatty acids, amino acids, carbohydrates and vitamins. This combination suppresses your appetite, reduces the accumulation of body fat, boost metabolism and increase energy and stamina. There are good and bad places to purchase acai. The berries need to be freeze-dried to keep from destroying antioxidants. Some online retailers use 10% acai juice and add cheaper juices. Make sure you are getting high quality products.The Green Tea diet is probably the most popular and well known diet. It has been around for many years. The green tea ads target the belly fat. There is a natural fat burning substances call catechins found in green tea. Catechin stimulates metabolism and helps the body burn fat, it improves endurance and helps regulate glucose. Green tea has antioxidants that help fight heart disease, prevent cancer, improve cholesterol levels and reduce inflammation.
To get the benefits of fat burning you must drink 4 or 5 cups of tea per day. Green tea is a natural diuretic, so that could be an issue to consider. A study done in Japan in 2004, (Zheng) showed those drinking green tea had a significant loss in body fat and decrease in triglycerides. Several groups were tested in this study: diet alone, diet with green tea, diet and caffeine, and several other combinations. The group that had the green tea, caffeine, and 100mg of catechins had the biggest changes and lost more weight.
Belly fat, abdominal fat, stored fat, visceral fat, any words you want to describe additional weight around your middle is bad. Studies show an increase risk of heart disease, increase high blood pressure, strokes, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and diabetes 2. The best way to lose belly fat is reducing calories and exercising. The most common way of increasing belly fat is to go without daily exercise. The choice is all yours.