Hair Loss and Its Solutions
Hair loss or baldness is a common problem now-a-days. Different age man and woman are effected. it changes the look and personality of a person and confidence level lowers down. Woman baldness is a curse. Everyone expect a woman with beautiful big hair.
There are many reasons of hair loss discussed here:
1) Hormonal problems cause hair loss. This is the most common cause of affects both for man and woman. By genes many have imbalance in androgen D.H.T. Hair loss occurs when follicles having greater number of androgen receptors for D.H.T. to attach to it. Follicles are damaged which cause hair loss.
During pregnancy there are certain level of hormonal changes in woman. So after some time after pregnancy woman may notice hair loss.
2) Alopecia areata is another common cause of hair loss. it is thought to be an autoimmune disease , where follicles are damaged by persons own immune system.
3) Some medicines and illness cause hair loss. Acne medicines such as isotretinion and lithium used for bipolar disorder, blood thinners, Vitamin A if taken too much, high pressure medicines, birth control pills if woman have genetic history of androgenetic alopecia and depression control medicines. Chemotherapy and radiation are a common cause of hair loss. After a major illness or surgery you may suddenly lose large amount of hair. The stress from such illness accounts for it but it is temporary.
4) Vitamins and minerals also cause hair loss. Deficiency in Vitamin C, B- Complex , Vitamin E and Iron causes hair loss.
5) Toxic substance reduces hair growth. Alcoholic beverages lowers the level of Zinc, folic acid, Vitamin B and C in the body which affect hair growth. Cigarette also reduces hair growth.
6) Hair styling and hair braids cause hair loss. Many treat their hair chemically , they bleach and colour hair, apply heat to hair which make their hair break and fall out temporarily. Among black man and woman hair braids is common and where braids are many times wrapped too tight and it put a constant strain on the hair follicle and cause hair loss.
I have discussed most of the primary causes of hair loss and you may understand from it that it should be treated seriously. There are many serious cause of it. So always consult academically educated practitioner or doctor. Doctor may ask about your diet, illness, genetic factors, consider age, pregnancy, menstrual cycle etc. He may exam you and proper test is require for the solution.
There are two ways of solving your hair loss:
1) Surgical and medical treatment 2) Dietary control
Minoxidil and finasteride are two drugs which help to regrow hair and they are available to anyone. Though studies shows a percentage have no effect using this medicine.
The permanent cure of hair loss is hair transplanting . Here hair bearing scalp are surgically removed and hair is transplanted in such a way that it will grow throughout the lifetime. Surgery has always got certain risk and cost is also not affordable to everyone.
Hair laser therapy increases blood flow and improves hair growth and thicker hair. It is helpful with hair transplant therapy.
To keep your hair healthy you must have healthy diet with Vitamins and minerals in it. Vitamin C enrich foods such as oranges, lemons, guava are suggested for healthy hair. Vitamin B and E supplement helps to grow hair. Mineral iron helps increase circulation in the scalp . Iron rich foods includes raisins, dates, apricots, poultry , liver etc.
The hair shaft consist of one fourth of water. Drinking at least 7 to 8 glasses of water a day and to stay hydrated helps grow healthy hair.Reduce taking alcoholic beverages and cigarettes.
Dietary control helps many time if it is the cause of hair loss.
So, I must say hair loss solution in one words has no complete solution or a single solution. When everyone in the society could afford a scientifically proven technique with no or minimum side effects , it could be a solution but in hair loss their is no such solution. When hair loss is due to insufficient diet chart it could be solved taking healthy diet. Consult a proper doctor to find the cause of it at an early stage.
We wait for the researcher in this field to give us a complete solution which may be affordable for all.