Happy Hormones: Few Tips on How to be Happy by Boosting These Hormones Naturally
The Importance of Creating Happiness in Life
We humans are created with a mix of emotions like happiness, anger, fear, sadness, and so on, which some people showcase at its extremities. However, some keep it subtle. Of all these emotions and feelings, it is most difficult to stay happy and calm throughout the day, no matter what happens around us.
It is all about being happy for what we are and what we have achieved in our lives. Being happy and handling situations in an easy go way can help us spread happiness and positivity among the people who are associated with us in some way or the other. Living happily in the present will gift us a much joyful future leaving good memories to be cherished forever.
How to be Happy? Where to Start From ?
- Start your day with a sense of gratitude. Be thankful to everyone who made it possible for you to wake up to a new and brighter morning.
- Live in the present, and just think of this moment. Feel blessed to live this moment and be grateful.
- When you set a happiness goal, you are training yourself and your mind to achieve it, and this later turns out to be a routine every day.
- Once your mind clears the fear of facing challenges, it gains trust to visualize these challenges as opportunities to showcase yourself and no more consider them as obstacles blocking you.
- You feel positive vibes everywhere around you and, this is the beginning, and you slowly realize the happiness within you.
"The mind is everything. What you think you become."— Buddha
What are Happy Hormones ?
Hormones are chemical substances produced by various glands and are associated with bodily functions. It is transferred to different organs and tissues by the bloodstream and helps them control and coordinate various activities like growth, fertility, metabolism, and so on.
Hormones are greatly affected by one's attitude toward life. Fearful and unpleasant approaches to life deplete the secretion of hormones, which in turn creates an imbalance in the proper functioning of the body.
Happy hormones create a balance in the brain chemistry. These are chemicals produced by the human body which has an extraordinary effect on the feelings of a person.
The four happy hormones are:
Dopamine - The Reward Hormone
Dopamine is a feel-good hormone and is a chemical messenger that is transmitted between nerve cells. Here are some tips to increase the levels of dopamine.
- Recognition, especially by our dear ones, can help a lot to boost dopamine. For this to happen, make sure we appreciate the work done by others, and once this becomes a regular practice, they would start appreciating your work as well.
- Gifts and new possessions, no matter how big or small they are, are excellent contributors. Gifts are unpredictable, but buying something you dreamt of is possible.
- Make sure that you stay alone in a silent atmosphere for five to eight minutes daily, whenever possible, maybe in your room after you wake up, to achieve peace of mind.
- Smile when you meet someone because sometimes your smile can do wonders making others and yourselves happy. Please try not to be too serious.
- Completing tasks on time will create a self-satisfaction of bringing out the potential in you to the fullest.
- Avoid comparison of your life with others, and believe that every chance is an opportunity and not a hurdle.
Endorphin - The Calm Hormone
Endorphin is a hormone that normally reduces pain and stress, which in turn increases the level of happiness in you. It also triggers a positive feeling in the body. The best ways to increase the level of endorphin are as follows.
- Exercise is one of the best options. Regular physical activity boosts self-esteem and reduces anxiety. It also improves sleep.
- Laughter is yet another inexpensive natural process. It might be enjoying a comedy scene from a movie or any real-life situations that make you laugh from your heart.
- Planning trips with your loved ones, which cannot be made a regular practice though, to any place, near or far, visited before or not, can make you happy. This is because each task you complete in advance refreshes your mind.
Oxytocin - The Love Hormone
Oxytocin or the love hormone is associated with relationships and bonding between one another.
- Positive touch and embrace can act as a powerful healing tool. It has unbelievable benefits to all who use it positively.
- Another way to enhance the levels of oxytocin is to spend time with people above 70 years and kids below 6 years of age.
Serotonin - The Will - Power Hormone
Serotonin, the will-power hormone, is a major contributor to human feelings of well being.
- A helping mind, and a caring hand plays a vital role.
- Unconditional life also helps to lead a happy life.
Would you like to use any of these tips to enhance your happy hormones?
Conclusion : Know Your Happiness
It might not be that easy or possible for everyone to adopt all the practices to increase the levels of all these hormones. So the best part is to identify the hormones, the tips to enhance which you could easily follow so that it does not force you to change your entire lifestyle all of a sudden.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Heera