Top 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Carrots
A Carrot A Day Keeps The Doctor Away
- Carrot is one of the most healthiest vegetable available to mankind. Its subtle sweet taste and crunchy flavor makes it a great hit among young and old alike. It is loaded with a powerful antioxidant Beta-Carotene along with several other nutrients which makes it a powerful super-food. Eating raw carrots is the best way to get the optimal health benefits but they can be enjoyed in a variety of ways like steaming, roasting, stir-fry, soups, salads etc.
- The best part about carrot is that, they are considered as negative calorie food. This implies that they help in burning calories and provide a much needed help to those who desperately want to loose weight and stay fit. They are easily available throughout the year and are really pleasing to the eyes owing to their bright orange color as well as great for your health and beauty.
- Carrots are a well known baby food since they are very delicate on stomach and nutritious at the same time. Old and sick people who find it difficult to digest food can really benefit from carrot. Their low calorie content, high nutrition profile and fat burning capabilities makes them one of the most popular and loved veggie among health freaks and weight-conscious people.
The Orange Superfood
1. Healthy Eyes And Vision
2. Prevents Cancer
3. Promote Heart Health And Prevent Heart Diseases
4. Helps In Preventing Stroke
5. Helps In Preventing Diabetics
6. Anti-Ageing Properties
7. Nourish Skin From The Inside
8. Acts As A Natural Detox
9. Acts As A Powerful Antiseptic
10. Promotes Healthy Teeth And Gums
Healthy Eyes And Vision
- Carrots are loaded with Beta-Carotene, which is converted into Vitamin-A in the liver.
- The retina of the eyes need Vitamin-A for functioning properly. The absence of Vitamin-A may lead to macular degeneration, dry eyes, cataracts and in extreme cases blindness.
- Since Vitamin-A is a fat soluble vitamin, if taken in excess amount may prove quite harmful. So it is not advisable to take Vitamin-A tablets because the chances of over-dosage is always there.
- The best part about carrot is that since it contains Beta-Carotene which the body can convert according to its needs, chances of Vitamin-A over-dosage is eliminated.
- So ditch Vitamin-A tablets and start munching on carrots. In addition to Beta-Carotene, carrots are also loaded with lutein, an antioxidant which helps in preventing macular degeneration.
- Carrots are rich in antioxidant falcarinol which have anti-cancer benefits and may help fight against cancers by destroying cancerous cells in the tumors.
- Beta-Carotene also has anti-cancer properties and may help in preventing cancers of the stomach, cervix, and the oral cavity. So include carrots in your daily diet to stay away from this deadly disease.
Promotes Heart Health And Prevents Heart Diseases
- Carrots can help prevent cardiovascular diseases owing to their high anti-oxidant content like beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, lutein etc. The regular consumption of carrots lowers LDL cholesterol level because of the soluble fibers present in it.
- Apart from that Falcarinol also has anti-inflammatory properties which can prevent red blood cells from clumping together, thereby promoting heart health.
Helps In Preventing Stroke
- It has been proved in a research that regular consumption of carrots can prevent the risk of stroke.
- Studies conducted on stroke patients revealed that those with highest levels of Beta-Carotene have the best survival rate.
Helps In Preventing Diabetics
- Because of the presence of carotenoids in carrots, they are good for blood sugar regulation since carotenoids inversely affect insulin resistance and thus lower blood sugar level effectively.
- Diabetics patients can include them in their diet and reap the benefits.
- Carrots are a rich source of anti-oxidants which prevents cell-damage to the body through regular metabolism.
- It helps the body to fight against the free radicals, thus slowing down the ageing process and all other negative effects associated with ageing.
Nourish Skin From The Inside
- The rich nutrients and antioxidants in carrots help in promoting skin health. Vitamin-A and antioxidants protects the skin from sun damage and help in healing sun-burns. Vitamin-A is very vital for skin health and it's deficiency may cause hair, skin and nail dryness and make them unhealthy and lifeless.
- Regular intake of carrots provide the body with sufficient Vitamin-A which helps in preventing premature winkling, pigmentation, blemishes, acne, uneven skin tone. It also nourishes the skin at the same time providing a healthy radiance.
Acts As A Natural Detox
- Carrots act as natural cleansers for the body. They help in detoxifying the liver, helps in flushing out toxins from the body and thus acts as great blood purifiers.
- People suffering from blood and liver disorders should make a habit of eating carrots daily. Apart from that they are also rich in fiber which helps in regulating the digestive system and helps in cleaning out the colon.
Acts As A Powerful Antiseptic
- Carrots are well known for their anti-septic qualities and help in preventing infections.
- They can be grated raw or boiled and mashed and then used on cuts and wounds for healing them faster.
Promotes Healthy Teeth And Gums
- Munching a carrot after meal is a very good habit since they help in cleansing the teeth and gums. They act as natural abrasives which eliminates dirt and plague from the teeth and gums.
- The minerals present in carrots also protects the tooth from damage and helps in killing harmful germs and bacteria. Eating raw carrots regularly makes the teeth and gum strong and healthy.
What is your favourite way to consume Carrot ?
What is your favourite way to consume Carrot:
© 2013 adity5