Health Benefits of Sesame oil - Til oil
Sesame oil is also known as gingelly oil and til oil.
Sesame oil is extracted from sesame seeds. It originates from the Sesamum indicum plant, and has a distinctive fragrant and flavor. It is used in oriental dishes.Til oil is extracted from both roasted and unroasted seeds. Til oil which is extracted from roasted seeds is little darker in colour, whereas the oil from the unroasted seeds is light in colour. Sesame oil contains essential omega-6 fatty acids, as well as other nutritious compounds, antitoxidant and antibacterial properties.
Various Health Benefits of Sesame Oil
Sesame oil (Til oil) has amazing health benefits and the oil is extracted from sesame seeds. Because of its health benefits, it has been in use for thousands of years around the world.
- Sesamin, a compound found in sesame oil, can help reduce hypertension, says a study conducted by Noguchi and colleagues published in the November 2001 issue of "Hypertension Research".
- When sesame oil is applied on skin or hair it kills bacteria, and provides nourishment and alleviates dryness because of its fatty acids, including linoleic, palmitic, oleic and stearic acids and acts as emollients to protect your skin.
- For women, if sesame oil is used on the face it tightens the skin and controls enlargement of aged pores. It protects against pimples, blemishes and dry skin.
- According to Ayurveda experts, it also helps inreducing obesity.
- used in cooking, dental, in skin, hair and scalp formulation. Sesame oil is often used in Asian cooking recipes. (Indian,Chinese and Korean) For skin sesame oil can help your skin stay hydrated.
- Reduces high blood pressure (hypertension)..
- Sesame oil contains a chemical called phytate, which acts as an antioxidant in cells.
- Used for vaginal yeast infection.
- It contains an essential fatty acid needed to support in the growth of healthy skin and healthy hair.
- In aged women it helps in tightening the skin and thus reduces wrinkles.
- In infants massaging their body with gingely oil helps in their growth and in inducing sleep.
- When used in oil pulling it removes the bacteria and other toxins from the mouth and cleans the teeth and mouth, and thus gets better teeth and gums. .
Sesame Oil in Other Languages
Hindi - Til ka tel,
Kannada - Yellene oil,
Thaia Thel in Srilanka,
Natalia Enna in Malaysia.
Ellu ennai -Malayalam and Tamil
Konkani - Teel.
In Ayurveda, it is known as Abhyanga.
Benefits of Sesame oil (Til oil) for the skin
Why should we use Sesame oil?
Sesame oil is mentioned in Vedas and since ancient time it is used for various purposes.
- It is a natural anti-inflammatory and antiviral agent.
- In India, it is extensively used as a healing agent as well as in cooking.
- In many of the traditional households of South India, oil massage and oil bath with sesame oil, is still followed and the oil is kept on the body at least for about 20 minutes before bathing.
How Sesame oil is beneficial to hair
Where to Buy sesame oil Online
Sesame oil alternative
When sesame oil is not available for cooking purpose, or one is unable to use it because of allergy, olive oil or peanut oil can be used as a substitute.
The information provided in this hub is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your physician, or health care provider before taking any home remedies.
- 12 Health Benefits of Sesame Seeds and Sesame Oil | Natural Society
Once you learn of the health benefits of sesame seeds and sesame oil, you may just find yourself stocking up on this ancient condiment.
- 9 Incredible Benefits of Sesame Oil | Organic Facts
Health benefits of sesame oil include its ability to improve hair and skin health, reduce blood pressure, manage anxiety, boost oral health, and improve digestion.
- Sesame Oil Uses and Sesame Oil Health Benefits | Reader's Digest - Reader's Digest
Sesame oil is generating buzz for good reasons: It's good for you inside—and out—and it tastes great. Here are more smart, healthy uses for sesame oil.
- Cold Pressed Sesame Oil Benefits | LIVESTRONG.COM
Sesame oil, also known as gingelly or til oil, is obtained from sesame seeds. It plays a prominent role in Asian cuisine and also alternative medicine. Oil...