- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Heartburn Remedies - All About Heartburn Remedies
Heartburn Remedies nowadays include a variety of drugs , prescriptions,as well as natural remedies.
But what is the most effective treatment for heartburn that could treat and provide fast relief from heartburn.
All these factors are discussed below and from all heartburn remedies which one is really the most effective.
What Exactly is Heartburn?
"Heartburn" although the name is "heart-burn" it has nothing to do with the heart rather it is a digestion disorder.
To Understand it clearly:
- When you have a meal the food in your mouth is chewed and mixed with saliva. The food is now broken down into smaller pieces in order to assist digestion and then it moves down the esophagus which is a long tube which takes food from mouth to the stomach. This tube contain muscles which contract to assists the travelling path of food and this is called Peristalsis.
- The connection between the esophagus and the stomach is the lower esophageal sphincter also shortly known as LES. The sphincter muscles basically function as a value which open and close in oder to keep the food along with the digestive juices in one place.
- When LES is unable to properly function and contracts and relaxes at the wrong time. This leads to stomach acid being flown back into the esophagus which results in the condition of Heartburn also know and Acid Reflux.
Heartburn Symptoms & Causes.
Before going to Heartburn Remedies. Lets See The Symptoms and what causes it in the first place. Heartburn Symptoms include burning sensation in the chest region and at times could even lead to burning in the throat. Which is due to the stomach acid seeping back to the esophagus.
Other Symptoms include swelling of esophagus which can lead to difficulty in swallowing.
At times bitter or sour taste develops in mouth which is another indication of acid reflux or heartburn.
- The most important cause being unhealthy eating habits. As it is a digestion disorder your diet is utmost essential and if you want to manage heartburn than you have to manage your diet.
- Stress is another leading factor. A study showed that 53% people have heartburn due to work-related stress.
- Heartburn during pregnancy is also very common which is due to the increased number of hormones and due to the pressure exerted on the stomach by the baby which may cause reflux action.
- Smoking and High Consumption of Alcohol can also lead to heartburn.
NOTE: Heartburn Remedies would only help you if you take certain precautions and follow them such as avoid smoking,drinking.
Works And Side Effects Of Antacids & Fundoplication
- Side Effects of Antacids and Acid Blockers
The side effects of antacids, proton pump inhibitors and acid blocking drugs. Stomach acid is an essential part of the immune system so its suppression exposes the body to infection.
- Fundoplication Surgery for GERD: Complications, Recovery, and More
During fundoplication surgery, what is the procedure, what to expects and possible side effects.
Different Types Of Heartburn Remedies.
There are numerous companies dealing with heartburn remedies which can be homeopathic, drug prescriptions etc but most doctors would recommend to make changes in your lifestyle that is by adapting to healthier eating habits and by avoiding foods like chocolates,citrus fruits,carbonated and alcoholic beverages,fried foods,spicy foods etc. By doing so if you are able to manage your condition of heartburn than that is well and good.
But if NOT then the following heartburn remedies can be used:
Basically neutralize the effect of stomach acid. Antacids are in the form of a pill usually and are alkaline in nature which therefore can neutralize the effect of stomach acid.
PROTON PUMP INHIBITORS
Block the active site for secretion of gastric juice in the stomach.Its medication which works against the body's natural secretion of stomach juice.
The use of antacids and proton pumps though does provide relief from heartburn.It is only temporary. And these Drugs need to be taken again. These Medicines are to be DISCONTINUED after a period of 8 WEEKS. This Stands to reason as prolong use of drugs can damage your body.
Over the counter Drugs As Heartburn Remedies include the above mentioned types. Some heartburn remedies that are used include Tums, Zantac etc
Fundoplication is an invasive method in attempt to sew back and strengthen the value so the LES does not seep back into the esophagus.
Then Again it does have risks involved such as:
- Heartburn May come back
- Post operative Risks of bleeding and infection
- Difficulty in swallowing food.
Natural At Home Heartburn Remedies
At Home Heartburn Remedies can be implemented very easily.You might just have the things already in your home. If not they are easily available in stores.
1. Try To Eat smaller meals as having large meals is known to be a trigger for heartburn.And Before any remedy comes the importance of diet in case of acid reflux.
2. Aloe Vera Juice is among excellent herbal heartburn remedies. As aloe Vera has Anti-inflammatory effects, which helps to soothe the esophagus.
3. Ginger Tea is a natural aid for gastrointestinal tract. In order to make ginger tea take ginger. Peel it.Cut it in to thin strands and place half of these in boiling water. After that strain it and if you like you can add honey to it. DO NOT ADD LEMON as is a citrus fruit you should avoid that. And that s it enjoy your tea then as it soothes your esophagus.
These are some effective and easy heartburn remedies. Its just a matter for you to actually follow them.These are among few herbal heartburn remedies and are natural, offer no side effects.It is due to this reason that natural heartburn remedies are becoming immensely popular.
Conclusion About Heartburn Remedies
Considering the heartburn remedies they offer relief from acid reflux but only on temporary basis. The use of Drugs is fine if it is taken for a certain time period. Total dependency on drugs would lead to more harm than good. And it certainly does not deal with the underlying cause of acid reflux.Rather suppresses the body's function.
Herbal Heartburn Remedies offer a safer alternative treatment and can lead to significant improvement in your condition of acid reflux while providing you with fast relief from heartburn. Thus natural remedies should be opted for first.And can prove to be a very effective treatment for acid reflux.
HEARTBURN NO MORE - COMPLETE NATURAL SYSTEM
Heartburn Remedy to Permanently Cure Heartburn. And eliminate Heartburn Pain within 2 DAYS
CLICK HERE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO FIND OUT MORE.