Home Remedies for Common Eye Problems
Wake Up Call - Eyes are Precious
Eyes are one of the most important part of human body. It makes us view this beautiful world. People usually ignore taking care of eyes and do harm to them. If you give priority to your work than your eyes, then STOP before it gets too late. You need to take care of eyes as without eyes, you might not be able to do your precious work too. So, take care of your eyes with these easy home remedies.
Home Remedies for Common Eye Problems
We present to you home remedies for following common eye problems which every other person face in their life :
A. Puffiness of Eyes
B. Dark Circles
C. Deep Sunken Eyes
D. Dry Eyes
A. Home Remedies for Removing Puffy Eyes and Soothing Your Eyes
1. Cucumber Remedy : Keep cucumber in fridge for sometime. Cut this cold cucumber into two circular slices. Keep this slice gently on your eyes for about 10 minutes. It can help in preventing puffiness of eyes.
2. Green Tea Bag Remedy : Keep green tea bags in fridge for sometime or soak green tea bag in cold water for 1-2 minutes. Place this tea bag over your eyes for 15-20 minutes. You can even make use of used tea bags. It can also help in preventing puffiness of eyes and giving soothing feel, relaxing your eyes. Instead of tea bags, you can soak cotton pad in cold tea solution overnight and place these cotton pads on your eyes to relax your eyes.
3. Take a cotton pad and dip it in water overnight. In the morning strain it and add a cup of plain water. Use this water to wash your eyes.
4. Rose Water Remedy : Mix 2-3 drops of castor oil in rose water. Dip a cotton pad in this mixture and keep these soaked cotton pads on your eyes for about 15 minutes. It helps in soothing eyes.
5. Take a mild tea solution and keep it in fridge for 2-3 minutes then wash your eyes with this water.
6. Potato Slice Remedy : Keep a raw potato in fridge for sometime. Cut this cold potato into two circular slices. Keep this slice gently on your eyes for about 15 minutes. It helps in soothing your eyes and removes puffiness.
7. Milk with Vitamin E Remedy : Buy milk and keep in fridge for sometime. Then without boiling it, take some chilled milk in a bowl. Dip cotton pads into it for sometime and apply it on your eyes for 15 minutes. You can even mix few drops of Vitamin E oil or Almond Oil in it. Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E. Use this everyday to get maximum benefit.
B. Home Remedies for removing Dark Circles
1. Cucumber Juice Remedy : Squeeze out juice from grated cucumber and put cotton pads in this juice. Keep it in for fridge for some time. Then place these cotton pads on your eyes for 15 minutes to relax your eyes. It can help reduce dark circles if used daily for 2-3 days.
2. Make a paste of a pinch of turmeric powder, half tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp tomato pulp and 1 tbsp gram flour and apply it gently all around your eyes and dark circles. Wait for 30 minutes and then remove it gently using cotton pad soaked in water. It can also help in reducing dark circles if used regularly.
3. Fish Oil Remedy : Apply fish oil under your eyes to keep under eye skin healthy and away from dark circles.
4. Lemon Juice Remedy : Apply lemon juice around your eyes. You can dilute it with water. Lemon is known for its natural bleaching properties and can help in removing dead cells too.
C. Home Remedies for Curing Deep Sunken Eyes
1. Honey with Almond Oil Remedy : Mix a tbsp of honey and half tbsp of almond oil and apply it gently on your eyes before sleeping. Do it regularly for about a week to see the results.
Other previously discussed remedies which you can use for curing deep sunken eyes are :
1. Potato Slice Remedy
2. Milk with Vitamin E Remedy
3. Tea Bags Remedy
4. Cucumber Slice Remedy
5. Fish Oil Remedy
D. Dry Eyes
Home remedies for Dry Eyes
1. Blink your eyes more frequently and also perform deep blinking in which you keep your eyes closed eye for more time. It helps in keeping eyes moisturized.
2. Cleanliness : Keep air in your home clean and healthy for eyes. Protect yourself from dust using these tips : http://livehightech.hubpages.com/hub/Ways-to-protect-yourself-from-Dust
3. Humidifier : It can be used to maintain moisture of air.
4. Breaks Are Important : Take minimum 15 minute breaks from work after every 2 hrs. You can try 20-20-20 rule in which after every 20 min you look away about 20 feet in front of you for 20 sec to prevent eye strain.
Which eye problem you suffered the most?
Eat These For Healthy Eyes!
Recipes for Healthy Eyes
- Gajar Halwa- Recipes by Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor
Sweet dish for enjoyment
- Badam ka Halwa recipe | by Tarla Dalal | Tarladalal.com | #3915
Badam ka Halwa tastes great when had both hot or cold.
- Almond Saffron Milk (Badam Milk) Recipe by Manjula, Indian Exotic Drink - YouTube
View full recipe at http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2011/12/05/almond-saffron-milk-badam-milk/ Almond Saffron Milk Badam Milk Recipe by Manjula Ingredients: 2...
- Recipes for Eye Health
Joy Bauer's Food Cures has a list of the best recipes for improving your vision and lowering your risk for cataracts or macular degeneration.
More Tips On Keeping Your Eyes Healthy
Keeping house well lightened is very important. You can make use of high-output fluorescent bulbs.
Working in dim light can be harmful for your eyes, so make sure to work in enough light.
Avoid all the glare due to indirect lightning. Make use of direct lightning for your work to get enough light.
Daily have almonds with milk. You can even make almond halwa which is very tasty and healthy too.
Make sure your apply sunscreen under your eyes too. It can help in preventing damage from sun.
Take proper sleep. Refer table for knowing minimum sleep requirement based on your age.
Drink plenty of water. It helps in hydrating your skin and keeping it fresh.
Eat green leafy vegetables, carrots, almonds, blueberries for healthy eyes.
For more information on lifestyle changes for healthy eyes read on : http://livehightech.hubpages.com/hub/Eye-Care-Changing-LifeStyle
Read More on Eye Care :
- Unequal Power of the Eyes
God has given us a pair of eyes to witness the beauty in nature. If any problem occurs in your eyes do not delay or hesitate to consult an eye specialist.
- Eye Care for Computer Users
Not only adults but kids too can get affected by long duration of computer use. This article is for those people who use computer a lot and looking for suggestion to take proper care of eyes.
- Eye Care - Changing LifeStyle for Good
Protecting your eyes is the very first step towards taking care of your eyes. We will discuss what lifestyle changes you can do to protect your eyes at first place.
© 2014 livehightech