- Alternative & Natural Medicine»
- Home Remedies
Home remedies for Acidity
What is Acidity?
Are you trying to get rid of Acidity?
Do you have burning sensation in your stomach?
What is the actual cause of Acidity?
Then the following are the answers to the above questions.
What is acidity?
There is normal secretion of acids in your stomach for normal digestion. These acids result in normal breakdown of food during the digestion process. In some cases there can be excess production of acids which can result in a condition known as Acidity. Some of the most common symptoms of Acidity include Dyspepsia, heartburn and ulcers in stomach. Acidity is common in people having emotional and nervous characters.
Common Causes of Acidity:
- Alcohol is the most important cause of acidity. I think alcohol is almost included causing various health issues. People having alcohol almost every day face this problem.
- The other most common cause is consumption of highly spicy food stuffs. In India highly spicy food full of various kinds of masala’s are very common. Hence Acidity is common in India.
- The spices such as Garam Masala are very difficult to digest.
- The acidity is caused due to excess secretion of acids, which is caused due to difficulty in digestion of food in stomach.
- As mentioned earlier main cause of acidity is difficulty in digestion. Consumption of non vegetarian diets which are very difficult to digest can also result in Acidity.
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID's)
- Consumption of cold drinks can also be a cause of acidity.
Do you love Jaggery
After having all the three meals i.e.; breakfast, lunch and dinner have a piece of jaggery. I know you will surely follow this tip as people of every age love to have jaggery.
And surely you will see that the acidity is gone.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add 1tsp of aniseed to this boiling water.
- Aniseed is also known as saunf in India.
- Leave it overnight or for at least 6 to 7 hours.
- In the morning drain all the water from the bowl filtering the aniseeds back in the bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of honey to it.
- Take this mixture at least 3 times a day.
- This should surely help you to prevent Acidity from its happening.
- Take about 1 ½ ltr of water in a bowl or any other vessel.
- Add caraway seeds to the water.
- Caraway seeds are also known as shah jeera in India.
- Bring it boil and when it starts boiling simmer it for 15 minutes.
- Take a sip of this water when the water becomes luke warm.
- Take this concoction for a minimum of 2 to 3 times a day.
- Continue it for at least 5 to 6 days.
- This should surely reduce your acidity.
- This tip will help you to fight against two problems which include acidity and bad breath.
- For this take one clove and one cardamom.
- Crush both in order to obtain a powder.
- Take this powder as a mouth freshener.
- Hence your acidity and bad breath are gone, voila.
Is Banana useful for health?
- Bananas are really good for health according to me.
- Banana is one of the fruits which has multiple benefits.
- So we can even make use of bananas for reducing our acidity.
- Bananas contain high amount of potassium due to which it has higher pH value.
- Higher the pH value more is the basicity hence it helps to reduce the acidity.
- Bananas even contain a component which makes the inner lining of stomach to produce more amount of mucous.
- If there is higher amount of mucous production then it helps to protect the inner lining of stomach from the damage caused due to Acidity.
- For more effective treatment of Acidity, make use of overripe bananas which consists of higher amount of potassium.
- Ginger is used in many dishes of India.
- Ginger helps in improving the digestion and the assimilation of food.
- Ginger also increases the production of mucous in the stomach hence protecting the inner layer of stomach from the effect of acidity.
- Ginger can also be used to reduce the ulcers produced in stomach due to the effect of burning inner lining stomach due to acidity.
- In order to get relieve from acidity, chew a piece of ginger.
- If this proves to be pungent for you then you can even boil ginger in water and then drink the decoction obtained.
- Another way is to crush ginger and then mix it with jiggery.
- Then take this mixture and chew it until the juices reach your stomach.
- In this we are going to make use of cardamom which is believed to be that one food which balances all the 3 doshas such as kapha, pitta and vata in Ayurvedic.
- Cardamom is believed to stimulate digestion and relieve people from stomach spasm.
- Cardamom helps in producing more amount of mucous in oesophagus stomach hence reducing the effect of acidity.
- Due to its sweet taste cardamom also helps to reduce the burning sensation produced by acidity in the stomach.
- In order to make use of cardamom as a treatment against acidity, crush 2 pods of cardamom into powder.
- Add this powder into water and then boil it.
- Have this water after cooling as a juice for instant relieve.