- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Home remedies to treat dark circles
I remember my mother telling me that waking up late at night causes dark circles. Not only mother but most of the people also think the same way that staying awake late at night, working on computers and laptop in the night cause dark circles. Sleep deprivation and stress do cause dark circles but these are not the only reasons. Dark circles around the eyes also develop due to hereditary factors, illness and nutritional deficiencies. The skin beneath the eyes is very sensitive. There is no oil glands in this skin and hence require special care.
Dark circles might occur at any age at adolescence, late twenties and in older age. Nutritious and well-balanced diet including fresh fruits, green vegetables, skimmed milk, cheese and salads etc. are very necessary to prevent dark circles. Exercise along with nutritious diet increases the blood circulation near the eyes. Besides intake of balanced diet and exercise there are certain home remedies which are useful in treating dark circles.
1. Cover your eyes with raw potato slices or cucumber for 15-20 minutes. Wash with warm water and apply cream.
2. Apply lemon juice on the dark circles twice a day.
3. Almond is an excellent skin food. Applying almond oil under the eyes is an effective treatment for dark circles. You can also make a paste of crushed almonds and milk and apply it on the affected area in the morning for 10 minutes.
4. To a teaspoon of tomato juice, add half a tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric and gram flour. Apply this paste on the affected area for 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
5. Massaging the affected area with papaya pulp also yields effective results.
In addition to these home remedies there are certain precautions to be exercised. Do not forget to wear your sunglasses whenever you move out. As I mentioned above the skin under the eyes is very sensitive and the harmful sun-rays damages the skin. Drink a lot of water. Massage your eyes with gentle hands regularly to increase the blood circulation. Most importantly do not forget to take your beauty sleep.