- Mental Health»
How To Avoid Hitting Rock Bottom
Where Is You Life Heading
Take a moment and look into the mirror.
Do you like what you see? Can you think of anything to change what you see? Are you happy with what is starring back at you? Are you proud of what you see in the mirror?
Here I would like to try to explain how to avoid hitting rock bottom before it is too late.
It seems to me that a huge amount of people in our world have some sort of addiction. The main addiction I focus on in my writing is the addiction to alcohol only because this was the addiction that almost caused me to hit rock bottom.
I can't say it enough that an addiction to alcohol can and will ruin your life and all those in your life that love and care for you. You have to be strong and not let this addiction to alcohol take you down to rock bottom for it will take some real determination and desire to leave rock bottom and begin a new life.
Many people I know that have hit the bottom have just stayed there for the reason being they thought their life was over because they have gone as far down in life and they figured what is the use of ever trying to get back up.
Here is the huge problem with alcoholics that have hit rock bottom:
- They have simply gave up on their life and that is not the way it should be at all.
- If you have hit the bottom in life, you must get back and start to build your life back to they way it was years ago.
- You must believe in yourself 100% every minute of your life, and with believing in yourself and the want to recover your life, you will spring back to your old self.
- If you have fallen you MUST get back up and try again. You need to continue this to you overcome your demons and find that life of sobriety once more.
- If you are having a hard time springing back from rock bottom you MUST ask for help to get you back on the right track in your life.
- You must not be embarrassed or ashamed of your addiction to alcohol. You are not alone by any means and you are not the only person that has hit the bottom in their life.
- The are so many Treatment Centers all over the world, so matter where you live there is a place to help you return to the life you once had and that is "Being Clean and Sober."
- Never by any means give up on the precious life we were all giving by God.
MY IDEA OF AVOIDING HITTING ROCK BOTTOM
I truly think that anyone with an addiction to alcohol and has seen their life heading downward as each day passes by is so afraid to find a way to get sober. From my own experience with drinking, I too had the fear of sobriety. I believe that we, "the alcoholic" have been so used to having alcohol in our lives for so long that we forget what it feels like to be sober.
If you have or think you might have a problem with alcohol you have to do whatever it takes to stop it before it gets totally out of hand and your life starts that spiral downhill to rock bottom. You are the only one can stop the torture your addiction is putting you through. You have to be stronger than your addiction and not let your life be ruined by something that is totally avoidable.
Sit back and take a look at your life and decide where you life maybe heading and if you see it heading the wrong way, then do something as fast as you can, no matter what it takes to do it.
As you know, we all have one life to live and everyone should do as much as possible to make that one life we have to be the best and not (live it or share it) with an addiction to alcohol.
© 2012 Mark Bruno