- Mental Health»
How To Give Up Your Addiction To Alcohol Forever
HOW I GAVE UP MY ADDICTION TO ALCOHOL FOREVER
If you have a drinking problem would you like to know how to give up your addiction to alcohol forever? This is how I gave up alcohol, and have been clean and sober for three years now and still going strong.
Anyone can give up alcohol forever if you truly want a better life for yourself and those that share your life with you.
I am sure you know that when you have a addiction to alcohol your are not only ruining your life, but those that share your life such as your spouse, children and dear and close friends. They are all going through the pain and torture that the alcoholic is going through, but the only difference is they are not getting drunk like you are and their liver and other body parts are not being destroyed like yours.
They love you and care for you and only want the alcoholic to stop drinking alcohol and to save the alcoholics life. they are not saying things about your addiction to alcohol just to start a fight or to pain piss you off. they are bring up your addiction because they care and love you and want you to be around here on earth for a long time.
So the way I gave up my addiction to alcohol was by changing my attitude and making things positive and stopped thinking negative thoughts like so many alcoholics do. We all tend to feel so sorry for ourselves and wonder way our lives are so screwed up. At least that is the way I thought when I drank alcohol.
No one make us become an alcoholic, and no one makes us drink alcohol. It is all our own choices of why our lives are so messed up and we are so addicted to alcohol.
My Way of Getting and Staying Sober
These are some points that I'd like to make to let you know the way I stopped drinking alcohol and now living the clean life.
- First off, you need to want sobriety more than anything in your life in order for this long term sobriety to work.
- You need to have 100% of a positive attitude at all times.
- You can not think if you are sober for a few weeks or a month, it is okay to have one or two drinks. It will never work and you will relapse. Believe me, I tried that it doesn't work, trust me.
- You may have to say goodbye to your drinking friends in which I did, or should I say they left me because now we have nothing in common. Are they really true friends or just drinking buddies?
- You must make a promise to yourself that once you stop drinking alcohol you will not ever be able to have even one drink for the rest of your life. If you are fine with that promise to yourself, MUST stick to that promise and not cheat. (YOU DON'T WANT TO BREAK A PROMISE TO YOURSELF DO YOU?)
- If you cheat by having one drink you will be back to square one, and all the time you were sober is wasted.
- You must believe and love yourself enough to get sober and stay sober and give your life a second chance and start getting your body healthy again.
- Think of things to keep you busy with your hands and your mind in order to keep your mind off of drinking alcohol.
- Just think every night you go to bed to sleep you have made it one more day sober and believe in the morning when you wake you will be so proud of yourself just as I am each morning I wake.
- Brag that you are clean and sober. Don't be embarrassed that you have an addiction to alcohol.
- So many people will praise you for what you have accomplished by getting and staying sober. They say things to me and I just light up inside with a feeling I can't even explain. The feeling of being so proud of yourself and when you have gotten through the tough part in the beginning you then can write such I do to help others realize that just because you have an addiction your life is not over.
- There is HOPE for every alcoholic in the world if and only if you want to change your life for the better.
My Ebook of My Life with Alcohol
- My Life Of Alcohol Addiction: Peter Mark Bruno: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
My Life Of Alcohol Addiction: Peter Mark Bruno: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
© 2012 Mark Bruno