- Diet & Weight Loss
How To Lose Weight Fast And Easy Today
Here's How You Can Lose Weight Fast
Do you need to slim down fast before you go to that company dinner with you husband or to your High School Reunion that you haven't been to in 10 years. If so then you may want to check out , The New And Improved Cabbage Soup Diet. If you tried the old cabbage soup diet then you really need to check out the new and improved cabbage soup diet. I recently used it to drop 27 pounds in under 30 days.
Now the cabbage soup diet will work and you will lose weight but what you really need to do is to change your eating habits and start getting regular exercise and you will lose weight and keep it off over the long term. You are never to far out of shape to get into shape. Keep in mind that being obese is the number two reason in the United States for preventable deaths.
No one can lose the weight for you. You can work with a partner and give each other emotional support but in the end it is you that will have to make the hard decisions. You have to get motivated about losing weight and you have to work hard on your diet and exercise to lose weight and to keep it off. Don't think that you have to start jogging or lifting weights. The best exercise is walking. Yes walking. Do you know that you really can walk yourself thin. Probably somewhere near you is a track that you can walk on. Walking is low impact exercise where your not likely to injure yourself. And with walking you really can over time walk yourself thin.
Start A Daily Journal Of What You Eat And Drink
You will want to buy a notebook and start writing down everything you eat and drink every day. Be completely honest and be sure to write down everything. I want you to do this before you ever start on your diet for at least a week and I bet at the end of that week you will be really surprised at what you eat. I know I really was.
You Must Change Your Eating Habits To Be Successful With Weight Loss
In order to lose weight and keep it off for the long term your going to have to change your eating habits and start eating healthy. If you've never tried steamed vegetables or steamed fish you really should try both. Both steamed vegetables and steamed fish are very healthy for you and if use fresh herbs, and lemon in the water you use to steam with they will be some of the most delicious food you have ever tried. A lot of people don't eat enough fresh fruits and vegetables. I know I didn't until I started trying to lose weight and then after I tried steamed vegetables and a whole steamed tilipia I wondered why in the world I had never tried anything this good. A whole steamed tilipia is one of the best things you will ever eat and its really good for you.
Chicken is another meat that you can cook with steam and it really turns out well. Try soaking skinned and boned chicken thighs in Italian Dressing for a couple of hours and then steam them with broccoli, onions, and button mushrooms. Serve with delicious brown rice for a meal your not soon going to forget.
If you have one of the two compartment steamers that you can use over a wok you can cook a complete steamed meal in no time at all. Just learn the basics of steaming and I bet you will love fish, shrimp and vegetables cooked that way.
Two really big things you can do to help with weight loss are to stop eating white bread and start eating whole grain breads. The other thing is to start eating brown rice instead of white rice. I bet you'll be surprised at how much more flavor the brown rice has compared to white rice. Give it a try to see what you think.
Some Important Things You Should Remember About Weight Loss
1. You should remember the one to one ratio when you eat proteins and carbohydrates. This simply means that if you eat four ounces of protein you should not eat over four ounces of carbohydrates.
2. Keep in mind that there are a lot of things you can do on a daily basis to lose weight with out even really trying. In fact I recently did a Hub Page on 18 Ways To Lose Weight With Out Trying. Be sure that you check it out.
3. Water is one of the most over looked secrets of weight loss. If your trying to lose weight and stay on a diet you should drink at least eight big glasses of water a day. Try drinking your water over crushed ice and if you like add fresh squeezed lemon juice to it to help your body get rid of toxins.
4. Breakfast is a lot more important than you may think. Eat breakfast every day and consider making oatmeal a part of your breakfast as often as possible. Oatmeal gets your metabolism going like nothing else will and if you eat a good breakfast you won't be hungry later in the day like you would if you went with out breakfast.
5. You need to learn not to eat during the last two hours before you go to bed. This may be very hard to do at first. If you absolutely have to have something eat a teaspoon of peanut butter and drink a big glass of water with lemon juice over crushed ice. Over time try to go with just the glass of water with lemon over crushed ice.
6. Start trying to eat six small meals a day instead of three big meals. But make it six small meals. You need to keep a close eye on portion size. The purpose of the six meals is so that you will not be hungry throughout the day and you don't have as long to wait between meals.
7. If you absolutely have to have something to eat it is always best to eat a snack of protein. You can cook skinned and boned chicken thighs in the refrigerator that you have steamed and eat one if you get to the point where you have to have something to eat. But you really need to stop eating between meals.
i know that everyone wants to lose weight quickly but its important for you to retrain yourself to change your eating habits and start to eat healthy. If you can learn to eat healthy you will be successful in your weight loss endeavors. Keep in mind that if you have a lot of weight to lose that it didn't all go on fast and its not going to all come off fast.
Try to add walking in as your exercise and try to walk a few feet further every day. The more you can walk the better off you will be but don't overdo it at the start of your weight loss plan or you'll give up. Try your walking on a flat track or flat surface and buy yourself a good pair of walking shoes.
i hope you find some tips on this Hub Page that can help you to lose weight and I want to thank you for taking the time to read my Hub Page. Good Luck with trying to lose weight. If you have a comment or question you would like to post please post it below now.