How To Quiet Tinnitus!
How To Quiet Tinnitus...!
Good question. Great Question! How do you quiet tinnitus? Tinnitus is not a common cold. You cannot just take a pill for tinnitus and everything will be alright. There are a couple of things that you have to do BEFORE you even attempt to treat it:
1. Find out what type of tinnitus you have.
2. Get as much information as you can on the cause or causes of your type of tinnitus.
3. Based on the type of tinnitus, decide on what your next course of action should be. Whether it's medical treatment or natural home remedies.
If you follow these three simple facts, there is no doubt in my mind that you will be able to manage, and in many cases, eliminate your tinnitus. Let's get started!
Quiet Tinnitus Poll!
Do you have tinnitus?
Types Of Tinnitus!
Yes, there are different types of tinnitus. As a matter of fact, tinnitus is not a disease, it is a symptom. A symptom of something that you have probably done to yourself. Tinnitus is your body's way of telling you that something is wrong, and it's time to get it fixed! ASAP! The different types of tinnitus are:
1. Objective Tinnitus - When you hear a clicking or crackling sound, you may have objective tinnitus. This is one of the types of tinnitus that your doctor CAN hear! It's usually associated with muscle spasms around the middle ear.
2. Pulsative Tinnitus - Pulsative tinnitus is a part of objective tinnitus in that it can also be heard by your physician's stethoscope. This type of tinnitus seems to beat in tune with your heartbeat or pulse. Thus the term puls-ative.
3. Subjective Tinnitus- This is the one. This is the type of tinnitus that will make you think that you are going crazy because no one else can hear it but you!
Now that we know the types of tinnitus, let's go over some of the causes.
Causes Of Tinnitus!
The causes of tinnitus are just as varied as the types. But like I said earlier, you have to know the types AND the causes of tinnitus before you are able to decide your next move. The causes of tinnitus are:
1. Noise Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL)- NIHL is the number one leading cause of tinnitus. As I said before, tinnitus is a symptom of something that you have done. That something includes exposing your ears to extended periods of loud noises. The loud music at the club, the loud headphones in your ear coming from your Ipod. The police sirens, the fire engine sirens. The jackhammer from the road construction...I could go on and on, but you get the idea.
2. Medications- Certain medications have been known to list tinnitus as a side effect. These medications are known as ototoxic. You would be surprised to know that some of these medications are very common. I'm talking about common household medications that you would use everyday. As a matter of fact, tinnitus is listed as a side effect of aspirin!
3. Ear Infections - Yes, ear infections can cause tinnitus. And yes, adults can get ear infections.
4. Atherosclerosis - It basically means that your artery walls are thickening because of the buildup of fatty acids or cholesterol. Oh yeah, not only do you have to worry about cholesterol around your heart, you have to worry about it depositing in the arteries near your ear, and other parts of your body.
This thickening of the artery walls causes your blood pressure to increase because your blood has to work harder to pass through the artery. This in turn will make you hear the pulse of the carotid artery! Take a look at the picture above, that big red vein that's running near your ear is your carotid artery. Don't you think that if you had increased blood pressure in it, that you would hear it?
When it comes to tinnitus treatments, they are also all over the place. You have two choices, the traditional medical way, or the natural/home remedy. Now I have to say this, there is no substitute for going to your doctor and getting the same information that you are going to get here.
Your family physician will have the resources and the means to properly diagnose and prescribe the best medication to manage your tinnitus. But, for those of us out there that don't have a primary care physician because we don't have health insurance...or we have it but can't afford to use it...there's nothing wrong with using natural treatments to manage or even cure your tinnitus.
Some natural tinnitus cures include:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar - Tinnitus is just one of the many ailments that apple cider vinegar has been known to cure. Arthritis, gout, acid reflux and sore throats are among the ailments that it has been known to cure! It is one of the oldest and most natural remedies on the planet!
2. Hydrogen Peroxide (H202) - Another one of the oldest natural remedies on the planet, hydrogen peroxide does more than just clean out that cut on your knee. It has been used to dissolve earwax and to get rid of colds and the flu!
3. Blackstrap Molasses - One of the most "under-the radar" natural remedies is blackstrap molasses. It has been known to cure anemia, improve acne and yes, take care of tinnitus.
Tinnitus - Take action!
Now that you have a pretty good knowledge of tinnitus, it's causes and it's possible cures, you have a dilemma. The decision is yours as to which direction that you want to go. You can either go the traditional route, and see if your doctor can help you or, you can go the natural remedy way. Whatever route you choose, because you looked it up online, you are better prepared to make an educated decision.
Tinnitus affect more than 50 million people worldwide. 50 million! That's a lot of people. But for some reason, there are a lot of people out there that think that they share this burden all alone. That couldn't be further from the truth.
Because of the advances and technology of the Internet, forums have become the new place to get the best information online about ANYTHING! Including tinnitus! So, if you are looking for more information on tinnitus, look no further that tinnitus forums. Not only will you be able to find the information that you are looking for, you will find like-minded individuals that share in your pain and your experience!
There is no substitute for knowledge. Because once you have it, no one can take it away from you. And once you have it, you'll know if someone is trying to take advantage of you. Whatever decision that you make, whether it's traditional or natural, you are better informed now. Good luck!