- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
How To Avoid Gaining Weight When Quitting Smoking
There is no need to gain weight when you quit smoking
1. Do NOT substitute anything for the habit.
- lemon drops
- sunflower seeds for the habit
If you substitute anything for the habit...(even if it is non-caloric), you will keep the habit alive. If the habit is kept alive long enough, you will eventually either gain a lot of weight and then go back to smoking (because you were thinner as a smoker...well that is what you will tell yourself!), or you will just keep the habit alive enough so that one day.....you may go back to smoking.
2. Drink 1/2 of glass water before each meal. This will fill you up faster so you won't over eat.
3. Drink as much water as you possibly can. Drinking water will help to keep your metabolism up.
4. Cut down on foods with high sodium levels.
5. Start to exercise at your target heart rate.