- Alternative & Natural Medicine»
- Herbal Remedies
How to Benefit From Green Tea
Green Tea is an antioxidant containing polyphenols. The Chinese have used green tea as a medicine to treat different ailments. The antioxidant in green tea helps fight free radicals in your body. Drinking green tea has many benefits that are listed below.
Green tea can help reduce the risk of heart disease by reducing the possibility of blood clotting as well as reducing cholesterol.
Green tea can help prevent cancer through the antioxidants that fight against free radicals in the body. It also blocks carcinogens which can cause cancer.
Green tea can help burn fat and helps a person's metabolism. Taking the green tea extract will help with weight loss management.
Women who drink coffee may want to switch to green tea. The caffeine in coffee can sometimes decrease fertility or cause miscarriages. Green tea has about only 32 mg of caffeine and or can be decaffeinated. Some studies suggest that green tea helps promote healthy eggs.
Tips and Warnings
*Drink 2 cups daily. Can be cold if you do not like hot tea.
* Drink decaffeinated green tea if you can't have caffeine in your diet.
* Drink green tea without sugar and cream if possible.
* If you do not want to drink green tea, you can get the green tea extract capsules at a health food store.
* I am not a doctor. I drink green tea daily because of the research I have done on green tea.