Tips How to Burn Calories At Home-Tested and Proven!
DAY 23, HUB #23
Who says that you have to exercise in the gym to burn up more calories? Not necessary.
By increasing your physical activities such as a brisk walk or doing regular household chores at home are the best exercise regime that could benefit your health, fitness and best of all, at no cost.
You don’t just lose weight more easily but improve your muscular strength, maintain mobility and keep your house sick and span. It is a wonderful idea to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
These small daily house chore activities may also lower your cholesterol and blood pressure while at the same time, help you to get in shape.
Do you hate to do household chores?
The following chart will help you to calculate how much calories are used up per hour. Hence, you will be burning more calories than you expected.
1) Window Washing- burns 200 calories per hour
- If your house window are high, large and there are at least 10 of them, well rest assured that you will be using lots of energy and sweating from head to toe.
- Window washing helps you to stretch out your chest, broaden your shoulders, strengthen your back and exercise your leg muscles especially when you try to reach those top edge corners of dirty, dusty windows.
- Isn't it nice to see your windows sparkling clean after a hard day work?
2) Vacuuming- burns 165 calories
- Vacuuming can be noisy and you need physical strength to pull the vacuum cleaner wherever you go.
- You also need to move the furniture aside so that you could vacuum all the dusty corners and putting back the furniture to the original position is another chore too.
- Hence, vacuuming task helps you to work out your biceps, back and arms while moving constantly. Do not bend your back too low as you may sprain back muscles.
How often do you do household chores?
3) Dusting- burns 160 calories
- Dusting the top shelf of the wardrobe, cupboard, kitchen cabinets and display racks encourage you to walk frequently, moving the triceps muscle.
- Dusting away the dust and spider webs with feather duster or damp rags, helps you to move your shoulders, stretch out your chest as you try to reach those dusty shelves.
- However, do use a mask or face towel to cover up your nose , prevent the dust and germs from triggering your nose allergy.
4) Gardening-burns 266 calories
- Treat gardening as one of your hobbies. It is a wonderful way to burn up your calories while you beautify your garden.
- When you plant some new seedlings of vegetables or flowers into flowerpots, you will be performing some squatting and standing up exercises which help you to tone up your abs muscles, legs and back too.
- However, do not squat too long because it may strain your kneecap and result to muscle cramps. Do not bend your back when you intend to carry the flower pots because your head will be facing downwards. This incorrect position will induce to dizziness, blurred vision, headaches and increase blood pressure.
- You should squat down, use both hands to hold the flower pot sides and count to 3 before standing up slowly.
5) Hanging out laundry- burns 165 calories
- Nowadays, most people use the convenience of washing machine to wash their laundry.
- If you want to burn more calories, wash your laundry by hand, lots of scrubbing, rinsing and wringing the clothes with your strength, you will release lots of sweat and exercise your abs too.
- As you hang your laundry out on the laundry line, you will exercise your legs as you walk, shoulders and arms when you wrung up clothes loose, stretch out your chest and back as you use your energy to tug and pull up the laundry.
- It is best to hang out your laundry in the morning because morning sun does not give you any sunburn compare to afternoon scorching sun.
Love This FAB fragrant
Why I choose this brand
I have tried many brands BUT I love FAB owder Laundry Detergent compare to the others.
Just use one scoop for a big laundry basket hand wash, especially bed sheet, comforters, curtains, and it really cleans out all the dust , stains with light scrubs
For half laundry basket, just half scoop will do.
I use sparingly, managed to save more money compare to liquid detergent.
Furthermore, the spring fragrant smell of this detergent makes my clean laundry felt new again.
6) Pushing your child on a swing-burns 200 calories
- Isn’t it wonderful to see your child giggling happily as you push him on the swing while you work out your body at the same time?
- Do not stand at the same position too long because you might have a backache instead.
- Move your steps back and forth, change your position regularly. You can sometimes stand behind him, beside him or in front of him.
- When you stand beside your child, make sure that he doesn’t slip off his seat and both hands hold firmly onto the chains of the swing.
- By moving your steps, you work out your legs muscle, triceps and hips area. Pushing the swing with your arms help you to stretch out the chest, bend the elbow and arms like the door hinges.
- Enjoy pushing your child on a swing when the weather is cool and breezy, evening time is the best option.
Health Related Artcles
- Causes and Treatment for Sore Eyes or Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis is also known as “ red eye” or “sore Eyes”. When your eyes are infected with conjunctivitis, your eyes will turn reddish, the front eyeball and the lining of the eyelids. Conjunctivitis is contagious, spreads easily especially hands a
- How To Avoid Mouth Ulcers
HOW TO AVOID MOUTH ULCERS AND HOME TREATMENTS
- LOW CHOLESTEROL DIET AND EASY RECIPES
LOW CHOLESTEROL AND RECIPES
© 2012 peachy