How to get rid from CONSTIPATION with Ayurveda
How many of you have ever suffered from constipation?
Don't pretend like you haven't had a constipation encounter.
Doctors say constipation is a symptom, not a disease. But as per Ayurveda constipation is not a symptom, it is a disease, and also a root cause of many diseases.
Don't worry here is some simple tips to get relieve from constipation. It is divided into 4 parts.
- Simple Tips (Home remedies)
- Diet Changes
- Life Style Changes
- Drinking a glass of Lukewarm water in early morning is good habit to keep the intestines work properly. For better results, you can keep the water overnight in a copper glass and drink it in morning.
- Herbal Tea is also a great home remedy for constipation. It helps to start bowel movements.
- Applyng little bit lukewarm Castor Oil over the navel at night, before sleep. This is much useful for children.
- Drink Carrot or Amla-Embilica officinalis juice. It is a very tasty remedy, especially for kids.
- Soak 6-8 raisins in hot water. When cool, crush it well and strain. It can be given routinely even to little infants. .
- Eat 2 apples with peel on an empty stomach or eat chopped fresh onion.
- Eat 3 to 4 teaspoons of ISABGOL-Spage Seed-Husk with warm water or warm milk at bedtime. (when taking ISABGOL Husk drink more water for good result)
- Drinking a glass of warm milk with Cow Ghee at night also helpful in evacuation, the next morning.
- Taking lime juice mixed with hot water 2-3 times a day also cleans the bowels.
Your diet habits are most important for staying healthy. To get relieve from constipation eat oily and bulky foods like, dairy products, whole grains, bran, raw fruits and vegetables also fruit juices like prune and grape can be taken. Til Oil. Cow Ghee should be used.
- Add more fruits, fruit juices and salads, leafy and green vegetables in your diet. Unpolished rice and brown rice can be taken moderately.
- Use pears, grapes, Orange juice & Papaya more, this fruits are more effective on constipation.
- Eating fresh food is helpful. Spices like cumin seeds, coriander and turmeric powder are makes the food easily digestive.
- Fried foods and beans should be avoided.
- Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, potato, Bhindi-Okra and broccoli are not good.
- The food that you consume should not be too dry; it means it must contain adequate amounts of oil or ghee in it.
- Proper chewing of food is very important, so chew each bite slowly and properly.
- Fix your times for lunch/dinner to provide proper energy to your body.
- Don’t skip the meals, maintain proper gap between two meals or eat when you feel that your prior meal has been digested properly.
- Never overeat, eat a little bit less than your hunger, it helps your digestive system work properly as well as ensures timely evacuation of faces.
- Use some Ghee to your meals
- Avoid more caffeine and alcoholic beverages like tea and coffee with meal or after the meals
- Dinner should be light
- Do not take breakfast the day you feel constipated.
- Avoid chilled drinks like cola or soda especially with food
Life Style Changes
- Most important rule Do not ignore the urge to defecate.
- Exercise often a simple walking or jogging in the morning can relieve constipation.
- It is necessary to form a habit of evacuating early in the morning. Stay relaxed, and frees your mind from anxiety, stress etc.
- Wake up early in the morning, and do not stay up late in the night. Try to regulate your sleeping hours. As per Ayurveda go to bed early and rise early.
- In the morning after waking up, drinking simple water or lime water as advised above.
- Don’t take a sleep immediate after meal; instead of it a small walk (100-200 steps) is good for digestion.
- Whenever you feel any significant or prolonged change in bowel habits, check with your doctor.
Yoga can cure constipation, if doing properly. Here I am giving you some yoga name, (not description-it is available on net), practice daily and you can see change yourself.
- Uttan Padasan
- Pawan mukta asana
- Kapal Bhati
In case of constipation don’t use strong laxatives as they can often weaken the colon due to their strong action. They should be taken only in acute conditions, for limited time only.
It is better to use simple diet remedies as you know lot can be recovered by proper eating habits.
If steel there is problem don’t forgot to consult your nearest ayurveda physician.