- Diet & Weight Loss
How to Lose Weight in a Week Now
Lose Weight Now
To lose one pound in a week you need to burn 3500 calories, which breaks down to 500 calories per day. Simply change a few habits of your daily routine and you can lose one pound in a week, 4 pounds in a month, and be on your way to achieving your weight loss goals. Don't wait until tomorrow to lose that extra weight. The time is now. By forming a few new habits you can lose weight this week and keep the weight off.
Drink More Water
Develop Healthy Habits
Habits take time and dedication to develop. The amount of time it takes to create a new habit is different for everyone, but a common time frame referred to by experts for habit development is 21 days. Pick a few weight loss techniques from the list below and turn them into habits through daily repetition. Only take on as many as you feel you can successfully achieve at one time rather than overwhelming yourself. The goal here is to lose weight in a week starting now, but continue your new healthy habits for the rest of your healthy life. Here is a list of 10 healthy habits that will help you achieve your weight loss goals starting this week.
10 Ways to Lose Weight in a Week Now
- Keep a Food Log - People who write down what eat are less likely to eat extra calories impulsively and are more likely to stick to their calorie allotment for the day.
- Stop Drinking Soda - The average soda is 150 calories. Even zero calorie soda and pop is devoid of nutrition and is detrimental to your weight loss goals. Replace soda with water.
- Pack Your Lunch - People consume more food and calories when eating out, so prepare healthy meals ahead of time.
- Exercise for 30 Minutes - Engage in 30 minutes of moderate cardiovascular activity four times per week. Studies show that people that do 30 minutes of cardio four times per week lose more weight than those who only do 2 or 3 sessions per week. Do anything you want- just start moving.
- Enlist a Friend - Losing weight and staying healthy is more fun with a friend. Find a friend that will exercise with you on a scheduled and regular basis.
- Take the Stairs - Lose weight in a week starting now by moving more. Park at the end of the parking lot and walk briskly wherever you go. Add lots of small calorie burning activities to your day to burn hundreds of extra calories each week.
- Prepare Healthy Snacks - Avoid impulsively grabbing high calorie snacks by preparing healthy snacks ahead of time. Keep portion-size bags of washed and cut fruits and veggies in the refrigerator for when you get hungry.
- Chew Sugar Free Gum - Instead of having dessert when your sweet tooth is aching, chew a piece of sugar free gum to avoid high calorie foods.
- Stop Drinking Alcohol - Alcohol is full of calories and sugar and has no nutritional value. Alcohol can also severely slow down your metabolism, so replace alcohol with a glass of water to lose weight in a week starting today.
- Increase Fiber - Replace the unhealthy foods in your diet with high fiber foods. Foods high in fiber will help your body maintain a consistent blood sugar level, make you feel more full, and decrease the overall amount of calories you consume.
Start Losing Weight Today
Pick one healthy habit to replace an unhealthy habit starting today. Over time you can add more healthy habits to your life and you will continue to lose weight. Start now and lose weight in a week by adding a few of these healthy habits to your day. By replacing unhealthy habits with these calorie-reducing habits you will shed calories from your day, and lose those unwanted pounds for life.