How to Make Kids Excercise Via Playing?
These days, children are so entangled in mobile phones, video games, internet, etc. that they are getting away from outdoor activities. In such a situation, if parents teach children sports with exercise, then it will give double benefits to them. Where children will be strong mentally and physically, parents will also remain fit.
Exercise is defined as being active physically and mentally and toiling your body at a greater intensity than normal. Most people think that exercise means going to the gym but this is not in the case of the children. For them, exercise means to be physically active while performing various activities as running, walking, jumping etc.
Benefits of Exercise
There's a lot of evidence which shows that exercise plays an important role in reducing major illnesses such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes and cancer. But due to modern lifestyle, and our excessive use of technology, both adults and children are becoming less active nowadays. We should encourage not only kids but should also indulge ourselves to do various exercises together. It has plenty of benefits as per children are concerned.
- Children feel less stressed and feel better.
- Weight is under control and sleep is satisfactory.
- Exercise strengthens bones, muscles and joints.
- It encourages healthy growth and development.
- Improves self-esteem.
- Increases concentration.
When Excercise Becomes a Play
When the child is 2 years old, light-weight exercise can be performed like sports.
- Play catching the ball with the child, this will help in the exercise of the eyes.
- At this age, the most focus should be on the movement scale and body control.
- Make your child indulged in free-running, catching the ball aerobics. It will help in strengthening the bones of the child.
- If the child is over 12 years of age then encourage him to play sports like cycling, tennis, swimming and skating.
- Walk with the child every day or roam around, it helps in improving the blood circulation.
- Climbing games strengthen the back of the child and also help in increasing their height.
- Play memory games with children to enhance their memory.
- Jumping helps to stretch the body and increase flexibility.
- 10 minutes Rope jumping or skipping is equivalent to running 8 minutes. One minute of skipping can burn 10 to 15 calories.
- Skipping improves the balance of power in the body and increase the movement and control of the feet, so this game is just to play with the kids.
- Apart from all these, you can also perform a dance, yoga, workouts etc. with children in an entertaining way so that both of you can remain fit and stay healthy.
The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will involve the patient in the proper use of food, fresh air, and exercise.” Thomas Edison
Exercise and Study
- If the child is very young then you can teach him mathematics in the kitchen as a form of the game.
- Encourage the children to collect some utensils in the kitchen and make them count.
- Separate similar looking items in the kitchen such as bowls, glass plates etc. Explain the children about their shape, so that they will know about different shapes.
- Keep in mind that through playing, the child always remembers whatever he learns.
Please Answer the Poll
Is your child spending enough time in physical activities?
Some Different Ways
- Crawling Like a Baby is also a fun exercise that is about 1800 years old. It enhances versatility and strength like children. It is a fun exercise. It helps to recruit body flexibility. Muscles and joints are strengthened. You can do this with children.
- In Groove Exercise, you have to be move with some simple music. The special thing about this exercise is that there is no improper steps in it. You have to step up the music by feeling it. When done with the child you will achieve game+ fun+ fitness up all three in a row.
- Games for the Brain is an online gym where you can exercise your brain. There are more than 40 brain games that can keep the brain healthy and fit by playing.
Whenever you go to the market, take the child with you so that the child will understand that we have to pay in exchange for whatever we buy.
- In this way, you can also explain the importance of money to children in an interesting way.
- You can ask riddles from them. Crossword, Scrabble blocks and sudoku are great exercises for the brain.
Things to Keep in mind
- If the child does not want, do not raise him to play forcefully, motivate the child to play at least one hour every day.
- You should not hesitate to play with your children but give them full support, this will increase mutual understanding and bonding among children.
- By playing as a child partner in outdoor games like badminton football and cricket, you can become a reasonable friend of the
- Whatever activities your child is performing, always make sure to use appropriate protective equipments, including footwear or shoes to minimise the risk of injury.
- Always consult a medical specialist in any medical condition that might affect the ability or safety of a child, participating in their chosen activity.