- Nutritional Advice & Tips
How to Make a Healthy Natural Protein Shake
Why Go Natural
Advertisers claim that if you want to get big and ripped, then you have to drink a protein shake after you workout. Yes, protein powder has a lot of protein, but it also has many additives that are unhealthy. Instead of having a protein shake with unhealthy protein powder, have a natural, healthy shake with a ton of protein.
Why I went Natural
- At first, I really wanted to get protein powder to put into my shakes. I was convinced that it was the only way to get big and strong, and the only source to get a lot of protein from. After my parents didn't allow me to get a protein powder shake, I decided that I was going to find recipes online that have a lot of protein.
- After I completed my research, I discovered that this protein shake isn't only healthy and all natural, but also provides a ton of natural protein. After a workout, it's a great source of protein to help replenish the body. Not only was I helping to rebuild muscle, but I was also getting vitamins and minerals that are very healthy. After finding this recipe, I immediately stopped complaining to my parents about having protein shakes with powder, and started loving the nutritional benefits that this shake was providing for me.
How To Make the Shake
It's very easy to make a healthy steps:
- First, get out a blender.
- Second, add your choice of liquid to the blender- I prefer milk, which has about 9 grams of protein, but almond milk and water are fine too.
- Third, add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in the blender, which is about 7 grams of protein.
- Fourth, add 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt, which is your big source of protein. The plain Greek yogurt has 23 grams of protein.
- Fifth, add your choice of fruit. I put strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries into mine, but you can add any variety of fruit that you want. I prefer to have my fruit frozen, but you can choose whatever you like best.
- Sixth, if preferred, add a tablespoon of sweetener into your blend.
- It's also optional if you want to add into your mix to make it thicker, but I prefer it without ice.
- The total amount of protein will be about 40 grams of natural, healthy protein.
Why Stay Natural
- No matter what your reason is for not buying protein powder, maybe because you want a healthier option or because it's cheaper, this recipe is the way to go. Not many other recipes are as healthy, natural, tasty, and most importantly, packed with protein, than this shake. No you will not get absolutely ripped by drinking this shake, but it'll help build and restore your muscles after a hard workout, plus it's healthy and natural.
- After doing research, here's what I found on why you should drink natural protein shakes rather than shakes with protein powder.
- For starters, protein powders are often filled with preservatives, genetically modified organisms, allergens and soy, and other synthetic toxins like aspartame, saccharin, and artificial flavors.
- Next, protein powders aren't even approved by the FDA, so who knows what they could be putting into your shakes.
- Also, protein shakes can be very costly, as some jugs of powder cost $60, while you could be spending just a few dollars on healthy, natural supplies that are probably already in your house.
- If you're working out to lose weight, protein shakes with powder in them aren't the way to go, as they add muscle, which adds weight.
- Finally, the biggest reason why you should go natural is because of how much healthier a natural protein shake is rather than one with powder in it. Natural protein shakes have about the same amount of protein or even more than protein shakes with powder do, plus it has fruits, diary, vitamins, minerals, and healthy yogurt. Instead of adding preservatives to your body, pick the healthy choice.
Pick the shake that's full of protein, tasty, and healthy!!!!!
How is the Shake?
How well did you like the shake?
Did you Know?
view quiz statistics
Want to lose weight? Want to perform better at sports? Want to gain muscle? Or maybe you just want to live a better, healthier life. Since 1993, AdvoCare® has been a world-class nutrition company specializing in health and wellness, weight management, vibrant energy and sports performance. If you want to live a better life, then go on this website and browse through the tons of products Advocare offers to live a better, healthier life. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or leave a comment! LINK BELOW