- Diet & Weight Loss
How to Reduce Weight
Are you tired of with Low calories Diets, Low Fat Diets and Low CARBS Diets!!!
Then follow some simple tips given below mentioned in ayurveda and lose your weight naturally.
- First off all set your goal, because without goal your weight-reduce plan doesn’t work. Consult physician or dietician to know how much weight has to be reduced.
- Initially set small goals, like 2 kg in a month; and believe me it works better. It is proven that small weight loss is safer.
- Slowly change your diet habits, like you can decide that from now I will not eat burger or drink cola. In this way you can stay motivated for long term.
- Burn more calories than you take, means eat less and do regular exercise. Try to avoid fast food and sweets.
- Regular exercise likes aerobics, jogging, swimming and Yoga is more effective than heavy gym exercise.
- Eat High-fibre foods, Never skip your meal, one important advice don’t take your food in smaller part and five to six time in a day, I mean take food twice or thrice only.
- Eat food slowly and chew it properly.
- Don’t drink water immediate before and after meal; you can drink little bit water during your meal.
- Take 10-20 ml honey daily with little lime and Lukewarm water(Not Hot or Boling Water) can also help to control weight.
- Avoiding sleeping in noon, it can slow down your BMI.
- Try barley instead of wheat it helps to control weight very well. Use Green gram and horse gram.
- Avoid fried and heavy foods and always eat warm and fresh cooked meals.
Medicines and herbs for Obesity
Guggulu(Commiphora mukul), Vrikshamla(Garcinia indica Choisy), Triphala (Combinaiton of Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellirica and Emblica officinalis ), Meshashringi(Gymnema sylvestre), Shilajit(Asphaltum), Pippali(Piper longum), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), Devadaru(Cedrus deodara), Musta(Cyperus rotundusand) and honey and many other medicines work effectively for weight reduction, but before taking any medicines don’t forget to consult ayurveda physician.
Trikatu powder which is made with black pepper, long pepper and dry ginger is very good for improving the digestive fire.
Some generally used ayurveda medicines for obesity are as follows:
Triphala Guggulu, Amrutadya Guggulu, Arogya Vardhini, Chandraprabha vati , Kumbhajatu.
How ayurveda medicines work
Ayurveda medicines increase the Agni which help in utilization of the fat; reduces craving for sugar Diuretic and Digestive, and also breaks down fatty acid synthesis, prevent lipid synthesis.
HERBAL TEA is good FOR OBESITY
Ingredients: Haritaki(Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki(Terminalia bellirica), Amalaki(Emblica officinalis) and Vidanga(Embelia ribes) in equal proportion
1 teaspoon of tea is boiled in a cup of water (approximate 300ml) and is reduced to 3/4 cup. The tea is filtered and 1 tea spoon of honey is added to this decoction when it is Lukewarm and consumed twice daily in empty stomach.
7 Don’ts after a meal –Must Follow
- Don’t drink much water- drinking much water immediate after meal can suppress digestive fire and caused to increase weight as per ayurveda.
- Don't smoke- Science proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes i.e. chances of cancer are higher.
- Don't eat fruits immediately - Eating fruits Immediate after meals will cause stomach to be bloated with air. So if you want to eat fruits take it 1-2 hr after meal or 1hr before meal.
- Don't drink tea – Because of high content of acid it can cause difficult to digest the food you consume.
- Don't bathe - Bathing immediate after meal will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will be decrease. This will definitely weaken the digestive system in our stomach.
- Don't sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be able to digest properly, and this is the main cause of obesity as per ayurveda.