Lose 10 Pounds with a Healthy Weight Loss Diet
Healthy Weight Loss
Most health professionals agree that losing just 5% to 7% of total body weight is not only beneficial for reducing diabetes and heart disease but it increases ones self-image tenfold. With a safe and organic "green" diet plan it can be easy to lose 10 pounds or more.
Losing weight begins with a plan as well as a commitment. Likewise, it is imperative that a diet strategy be healthy and easy to follow. Today researchers underline the importance of a healthy diet in order to maintain optimal health.
Furthermore, statistics show that a healthy diet can also help prevent obesity as well as high blood pressure, mental and behavioral disorders and high cholesterol.
Tips on Healthy Weight Loss
To lose 10 pounds there are several tips that can be beneficial. One of the best organic green diet plans is as follows:
- Make living and eating green a lifestyle
- Establish a routine of healthy eating habits
- Do not go grocery shopping when you are hungry
- Don’t skip breakfast and eat two to three meals a day
- Start a support group or friend that might want to join your plan
- Invest in an organic cookbook for ideas or use Internet resources
- Avoid foods that contain chemicals and preservatives, eat “green”
- Avoid junk food like potatoes chips, candy bars or fast food products
- Keep a log of what you eat and environments that trigger bad eating habits
- Resort back to your plan and try not to be too hard on yourself when you fail
- Focus on meals and eliminate mindless eating like eating while on the computer or television
- Keep healthy snacks at hand such as fresh fruit, ready to serve vegetables, seeds and nuts, hummus dip or yogurt
Weight Loss Can be Easy
Most anyone can lose 10 pounds simply by knowing what to eat. Moreover, a healthy organic green diet plan can be accomplished through the types of foods you choose as well as serving portions. The following are a few suggestions that can be valuable to your diet goals:
- Do not overeat
- Choose organic poultry or fish instead of red meat
- When craving sugar try eating sweet fruits or frozen sorbet
- Avoid frying foods instead either bake, broil, poach or steam
- Try vegetarian meals like vegetarian chili or pizza, eggplant parmesan or vegetable minestrone
- Avoid heavy cream sauces; try using herb vinaigrette or low fat cream sauces seasoned with herbs like basil
- Exclude foods known to cause health issues like processed foods, salt, sugar, alcohol, fried foods, hydrogenated fat, carbonated beverages and foods high in nitrates
- Eat more “green “foods that have high nutritional value such as fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, legumes, whole grains and minimal healthy fats
Simple Weight Loss
It can be simple to lose 10 pounds with a fit for life diet. With basic guidelines and determination a goal of losing 5% to 7% total body fat is attainable. Along with a healthy diet it is also important to get daily exercise. A minimal of 20 minutes 5 days a week of exercise will not only improve cardiovascular health but also increase overall tone and weight loss. Equally, it is recommended to consult a healthcare professional before starting any exercise routine or diet.
The right food choices for losing weight and staying healthy are very important. A living "green" diet can not only jump start a diet but set you on a path of optimal health. Check out how to eat a green diet and also lose 10 pounds: