- Quality of Life & Wellness
How to Stay Young and Happy Always
Amazing! Don't we all want to be young and happy always?
Oh well, I do believe that age is just a number and young is in the attitude.
Here's a little reminder of how we can stay young and happy always. These are actually simple stuff that we sometimes ignore or take for granted.
1. Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight, and height. Like I said, age is just a number. So who's counting? LOL! But I do admit that you have to watch your weight, as being obese or overweight won't help with your overall wellness. But I guess, through the years, I've learned to ignore the slight weight gain I've developed. I'm no longer obsessed on looking like model-thin.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. Well, over the years, I've chosen to stay away from people with not-so-good vibes. I guess that's one reason I decided to work freelance -- to keep away from office gossip and politics. To me, happiness is a state of mind. So why would I want to be affected by drama queens? I stay away instead!
3. Keep learning. We're never too old to learn anything. I've realized too that it's quite possible to learn when you set your heart and mind on it. Besides, learning is a lifelong process. You actually begin to learn more once you've graduated from school!
4. Enjoy the simple things. I'm pretty sure that you have somehow made a list of life's little pleasures. I know I have. I have even written a blog post about my life's little pleasures. And you know what made it to the list? Having "me" time during my busy day with my cup of coffee. Ahh, life! It sure won't be the same without it.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. Wow I sure can count the number of times I still do that. But my life is not totally without laughter. It's no wonder comedy movies make a lot of money. People need something to laugh about. What I like is, we do have some family bonding times wherein we laugh quite more loudly than usual. I guess that's counted.
Well, this is just my partial list. I'm sure there are lots more ways of staying young and happy always. Have you made your list?