How To Stop Drinking On Your Own
THE FIRST STEP FOR YOU
How to stop drinking on your own can be done by some alcoholics and some may have a lot of trouble stopping drinking without the help of Medically trained people.
Those alcoholics may need to enter a Rehabilitation Center and be treated for their addiction in a safe environment with professionals to guide their way through the process of recovery and sobriety.
Your first and most important step.
- You as an alcoholic must first want to become clean and sober and not become clean and sober because someone is forcing you into something you don't want deep inside.
- You MUST admit you are an alcoholic and know you need help.
- You have to get out of the denial you are living in and step up to the plate and surrender to your addiction to alcohol.
- You have to look at your future and the future of your family if you continue on this road to self-destruction.
- Sit down and weigh the pros and cons of drinking alcohol and I bet you will find nothing good at all about drinking alcohol, except getting yourself drunk and sick.
- Think of all you may have missed out on in your life and your families by drinking your life away.
- Ask yourself, "is it really worth ruining my life and those who love me for the almighty drink?"
- Think of all the dreams and goals you have missed out on all because of you drinking and abusing alcohol.
HOW TO STOP DRINKING ON YOUR OWN
TIPS ON HOW I STOPPED DRINKING ON MY OWN.
These are some of the things I did and thought of when I finally surrender to my addiction to alcohol after many years of drinking it.
Two years ago something came over me like a voice from above giving me fair warning that if i didn't do something about my drinking habits and my lifestyle my live would basically go up in flames sooner or later. I took this warning as sooner and it stopped my in my tracks as I was sitting drinking my beer at that very moment.
I began to think to myself, "look at me, I am sitting here in a garage drinking my beer with not one person to look at or to talk to. I was hiding from the family and just drinking myself to death thinking life will get better with each beer I drank. Life doesn't get better at all, in fact it worsens each day we drink and abuse.
This was a real wake up call that has now changed my life forever. I started by trying my hardest to get out of the negative mood I have always lived in and saying, Why me."
Yeah, why me is all because of me and me alone. No one made me or forced me to start drinking and abusing alcohol. It was my choice and no I have to find a way out of this horrible addiction I got myself into .
I began to think of Positive things in life and all the great things I could do being sober and all the dreams I once had to make them a reality.
I could see my health and even my looks change as the weeks went by and I wanted to give my one and only life a second chance as well as giving my family the life they deserve.
With all these things I thought of, it gave my the drive to want to be clean and sober and now it is up to me to make it happen and make my sobriety a reality in which was one of those dreams and goals i had.
Positivity, strength, willingness and a huge desire to become clean and sober and to stick to my guns and never break the promise I made to MYSELF, which was, I would never be able to pick up an alcoholic drink for the rest of my life no matter what life throws at me.
I did it, and became clean and sober, something I thought would never happen, and so can you, only if you truly want sobriety in your life, It will happen!!
Stay Strong, Stay Positive, Believe In Yourself AND Never Give Up.