- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions»
How to avoid diabetes
Avoiding and preventing diabetes can be more appropriate than having treatment after diabetes
Diabetes can be genetic, but it can also be caused by poor diet and inactivity. There is no way to be absolutely sure of preventing it, but if you eat healthily and maintain your weight in the normal range you will be off to a good start. It's not just about avoiding sugar; in fact natural sugars in fresh fruits can be very healthy. The sugars to avoid are refined sugars found in candy/sweets and as food additives. But you also need to avoid eating too much fatty food, especially saturated fats. And you shouldn't eat too much salt either. Diet drinks with aspartame or saccharin are not particularly good for people at risk of diabetes. Water is better for diabetics. And the other absolutely key thing is to get sufficient exercise. Half an hour of walking a day is a good amount to aim for.
India headed for a diabetes epidemic
Even with a lesser degree of obesity, Asians are at greater risk of developing diabetes at a younger age. They are likely to suffer longer from complications and die sooner than people in other regions. More worrisome is childhood obesity. Factors such as readily available fast food and sedentary lifestyles have substantially contributed to children becoming overweight. The reports point out that India and China have the largest number of people with diabetes, and are likely to top the list of countries with diabetic people by 2025. Environmental factors such as urbanization and genetic influences probably have an important role in determining vulnerability to the disease. Asians have high proportion of fat and prominent abdominal obesity compared with those of European origin people. Obesity has increased concurrently with nutritional transitions in most Asian countries. The report indicates that the number of over weight and obese individuals have also increased in Asia. In India, two populations of different socioeconomic status showed wide divergence in the prevalence of diabetes, 8.2% in the urban group & 2.4% in rural group.
In Asia, There is a high prevalence of the disease in people between 30 & 39. Reports indicate that this will be more for overweight and underweight people.
So, we need to fight for our upcoming generation's Good Health. The only way is to Avoid Eating bad fat contents and eat Nutritious Food.
Healthline.com recently launched a free interactive Long Term Effects of Type 2 Diabetes tool.
Simple habits to avoid diabetes and weight gain
As children, we were never allowed to think about calories, food, fads, fats, carbs, etc. Why? Because as we grow, the body metabolism slows down and activity decreases, resultant obesity also adds to stress, disciplined behavior is extinct. If we imbibe and practice a few good habits of childhood again it helps to keep pounds at the bay.
1. Sit with the family for food and have congenial relations with people you are having food with pleasant emotions make you feel full faster.
2. Chew the morsel until it melts completely. Digestion of carbohydrates begins in the mouth with salivary amylase. If simpler carbs are not broken down, they cause a load on the pancreas in turn giving rise to more insulin, one of the reasons to develop diabetes.
3. Have adequate meals when hungry and not due to convention.
4. Eating in between meals is to be avoided.
5. Use other cereals than wheat at night.
6. Avoid eating late night after 8 or 9 pm.
7. Or eat when you know that you are not going to sleep in another two hours.
8. On a daily basis, take 1 tsp of psyllium husk, it helps to reduce fat absorption from the gut.
At last, I would say at least walk 1 hour in a day.
More solutions to get rid of diabetes
- Get Rid of Diabetes with the Help of Solar Energy - Kunal Shinde - ISBN-817387185X
- The Diabetes Wake-Up Call and How to Avoid Diabetes
- Tips to Avoid Pre-Diabetes
Pre-diabetes is a nutritional disorder that affects over 100 million people in the US
- Diabetes care: 10 ways to avoid diabetes complications - MayoClinic.com
Diabetes care. Take an active role. Find out about 10 strategies to prevent complications.
- How to Avoid Diabetes -- Landmark Results Unveiled
Diet and Exercise Really Work to Prevent Diabetes