- Diet & Weight Loss
How to be slim always
Stand before the mirror. Do you like your figure? I am sure most of you feel that you have to slim down a little to have the svelte figure models have. Models have to look slim for their profession. But they resort to extreme steps to maintain their figure and that is why most models have a starved look in their face.
Some youngsters are so fanatic about their figure that they do some crazy things and get into severe health problems. I read in a magazine that young girls take tablet Lasix to reduce weight. Lasix is usually given to kidney patients to reduce water retention in the body, but normal persons should not take it to reduce weight.
This craze for a slim body is catching up so fast that liposuction and other surgical methods are becoming common. It is always good to become slim in a natural way as it will not affect your health. Artificial and forced way to alter your looks will have its repercussions and should be resorted to under the careful guidance of your physician.
The main thing you should do is to have a mindset to become slim. You diet and exercise for a week and leave a gap and then renew. The result will be nil and you will not lose any weight. You should be consistent in your regimen and become calorie conscious also.
1. Drink a glass of lime juice mixed in warm water early in the morning. Do not add sugar, but add honey to it. Lemon is rich in citric acid and it helps you a lot in sugar absorption and maintains your body metabolism.
2. Extract juice from banana stem and add a pinch of salt to it. You can also add little of pepper for taste and drink it. They say it helps you a lot in reducing weight.
3. You should schedule your exercise and do it regularly. Start your exercise in a mild manner and gradually pick up speed. Do not indulge in heavy exercise in the initial stages as you will be de-motivated.
4. Do not miss your breakfast as it helps your body to face a hard day’s work. A glass of milk is a good way to start the day. You can be little liberal in your breakfast , as since it is the start of the day you will burn the calories as you do your regular work. That does not mean you can eat oily foods which is harmful for your health. Fiber rich food, cereals and eggs are very good for you.
5. When exercising concentrate in your midriff region which always shows weight in the worst possible way. The good time to do exercise is early morning when there will be no disturbance. Lie down flat on your back. Lift your legs upright without bending your knees. You should do it at least twenty times regularly and you will see good results.
6.Avoid junk foods and bakery items. You should also avoid aerated drinks as it adds cool calories without you knowing it. Eat green vegetables, lean meat, white of the eggs, fruits and many such foods which are rich in vitamins and minerals.
7.Do your own work and it will help you to burn few calories. Walk to nearby places and avoid two wheelers or four wheelers. Walk up the stairs in your work place and avoid lifts.
8.I saw my friend after a long time and I was amazed to see her so slim and trim. I asked her the trick. ‘Hot water’ she told. Looking at my amazed face she told that she had stopped drinking iced water and was now only drinking hot water. She says it does not allow any fat to be deposited in her body as it melts it away. I do not know the scientific angle to her contention, but it is not wrong in trying, isn’t it. It has no side effects and so why don’t you try it. I too have tried with good and immediate results.
9.For slim legs, walk on your toes for half an hour while you are at home and you can see the muscles of your legs tightening. Skipping is excellent for slimming down your thighs.
10.Slim hands are part of a slim body and when you are watching TV or in your other leisure time, swing your hands around twenty times and there will be good results. Walking briskly for an hour gives excellent results to your total body.
You cannot hope to become slim within few days. It is a slow process and it should be done in a measured manner so that it does not affect your health in any way. Regularity in exercising, eating healthy food and avoiding stress eating goes a long way to maintain a slim figure. Monitor your weight regularly and check whether you are gaining weight. Have a full view mirror and when you stand before it, run your eyes over your body for any bulge and if there isn’t any, it just means you are doing everything right and all you have to do is to maintain it.
© 2012 mathira