How to Improve Memory Power and Concentration Naturally at Home
What is Role of Memory in your Life?
Memory is one of the most important parts of our life. With our memories, we can re-experience relationships, emotions, and experiences with loved ones.
Everybody is endowed with some ability to remember, yet the typical person remembers only 80-90% of what they read after three to four hours. The next day, that person will remember only 10-15% of what they read. After two to three days, they may have forgotten most of the subject altogether.
As we get older, if we don't train our brains through exercises, our power to remember things begins to decrease.
Interesting Relation Between Time of Day & Your Memory
Vedic scriptures say that our powers of concentration begin to increase at midnight and then decrease at 12 noon. We all have times of day when we are most comfortable reading and remembering information. The morning is thought to be the best time to learn and study.
Best way to improve memory is Yoga
Pranayam is one of the best poses to increase the memory and concentration power. It is the yoga exercise in which you take deep breath, keep it inside for some time, then exhale. Our minds work very efficiently when they have an ample supply of oxygen. Start your day with this exercise. Take a deep breath and imagine the oxygen filling every tissue in your body. You will feel deeply at peace and rejuvenated.
How to triple your memory with this tip
This exercise relieves mental distress and helps keep the mind calm. Sit in a quiet, open place, as Ramdev Babain demonstrates in the video above. Place your thumbs on your ears and your other four fingers on your eyes as shown in the image. Take a deep breath. Slowly exhale and make a humming noise like a bee with your lips closed. Repeat 10-12 times. This exercise increases the blood flow in the brain, helping to improve concentration and memory and reduce blood pressure and risk of heart disease. For best results, repeat this exercise in the morning.
Yog-nidra is a technique that releases stress and calm. First, stretch as you do when awakening from sleep. Take a deep breath. With each breath, concentrate on a part of the body and visualize all of the weariness in that area dissipating as you exhale. Repeat with every part of the body. Let your whole body relax. Now, ask a friend to read aloud from material you wish to remember. Continue with your yog-nidra breathing. When your friend is finished reading, you will find that you remember everything that they said.There are also other wonderful meditation techniques that will increase your memory,for that visit How To Meditate For Beginners At Home with Meditation Technique
5 herbs to improve Memory
- Rosemery is useful herb that none to increase the brain function, blood flow.It soothes the brain cells.In one of study when Rosemary oil aroma was breathed,it improved concentration & retention power.
- Soak three or four almonds in water overnight. In morning,grind almond with a little warm water and drink.
- Brahmi or Bacopa Monnieri oilis an Ayurveda medicine with properties that can increase concentration and memory power. Recommended dosage: one spoonful or capsule (vati) with juice daily.
- Ginkgo Biloba herb hindi name is balkuwari.It is easily available in market.It rejuvenates dead cell and nerves in brain and increase memory power and concentration. Balkuwari benefits are here Ginkgo Biloba or balkuwari for memory power.
- We all know the benefits of turmeric, how it is helpful in increasing,relives inflammation.Curcumin compound found in turmeric makes your mood, increase memory power.It helps in curing memory loss problem in old age.