How to make Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo at home?
Apples are good for hair
Is apple cider vinegar shampoo good?
In today’s fast-paced world, where people are busy and have limited time, they resort to using easily available over-the-counter hair shampoos. While it is an individual’s preference, I believe there are healthier options available, if one can invest time. Apple cider vinegar is a very good example of an ingredient that can go a long way in providing good quality hair by its sheer properties. It is not only a wonder drink but can be used for many other external purposes.
To gain healthy hair, a lot depends on what is the current state of a person's hair, and how much damage there is. Depending on this, regular use of an apple cider vinegar shampoo will go a long way in restoration, prevention and replenishment of good quality healthy hair. By using apple cider vinegar shampoo regularly, you can naturally remove dry hair that causes tangles in the hair and at the same time reduce split ends and breakage.
An ACV rinse is also a good preventative practice. By maintaining the natural pH of your scalp, the fungus and bacteria will die a natural death if they exist.
If an ACV shampoo is prepared at home, you can be sure that not only is it authentic, but you have the option to select the best brand of ACV. I prefer making ACV at home and then making a shampoo from it. But you can decide what works best for you.
Benefits of using an apple cider vinegar shampoo
Apple cider vinegar gives hair a huge boost. Vinegar smoothes the hair cuticle making it easy to manage and restore its lost balance. Having been a regular user of the ACV shampoo, I have derived the following benefits from it, and would like you to get the same:
- Helps restore hair vitality and cure thin hair
- Useful for prevention of dry hair
- Can prevent hair loss and reduce greying if used regularly
- Reduces dandruff due to the antibacterial and antifungal properties of ACV
- Help bring back volume and bounce
- Adds shine
- Prevents split ends
- Prevents breakage
- Soothes an itchy scalp
- Helps in managing the damage caused by hard water, and exposure to the sun and ultra-violent rays
- Conditions hair and is a useful hair cooler in summers
- Reduces hair fuzz and helps in hair detangling
- Stimulates hair growth on regular use
There are many other benefits that ACV provides for the hair. These can be gradually witnessed over a period of time and use. Begin making your own shampoo, today and you will not use any other.
Ingredients used to make an apple cider vinegar shampoo
What do you need?
- Half cup castile soap (or any natural liquid olive oil soap)
- 2 tablespoons unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Vitamin E essential oil
- 1 teaspoon Jojoba oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil and/or tea tree oil
- 1.4 (1 fourth) cup distilled water
- Other essential oil (A few drops - sandalwood, peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus, lemon, rose, vanilla) for a pleasant smell
What is the process to make the ACV shampoo?
Making an ACV shampoo at home is very simple and easy. It does not require much time, cost or effort. For the number of benefits that you can by using this shampoo, it is highly worthwhile.
- Add the liquid Castile soap into a bowl
- Keep stirring the soap slowly
- While stirring the soap, add the rest of the ingredients, gently
When it has cooled down, add in a container and start using the shampoo. It is important to note that the shampoo needs some base, so we will have to use Castile soap. However, the existence of apple cider vinegar is in itself an ingredient that balances out the existence of any strong effects of Castile. Please use gloves while stirring the soap - it is always useful to keep hands covered.
You can add this shampoo in smart looking bottles, or vintage designed bottles to make the appearance appealing and attractive. Colourful bottles will be a great option. They add color to the ACV and are make it no less appealing than externally marketed shampoos.
Start making your shampoo today. It will be good to know how it worked for you. Remember benefits will be evident over consistent use and duration.