- Mental Health»
- Mental Health Self-Help
How to overcome Your fear and Failure
What is Fear
All of us know that what is fear. But no one know that how this fear affects our mind and our whole life. Fear is nothing its just an image that we think and makes it in our mind.
There are many kinds of fear we are surrounded by. For example some one is having a fear of animals like spider or lizard and some are having fear of failure or rejection etc.In this whole world nobody will be there who is not having any kind of fear and no one will be there who has not been affected by fear. Being human fear is a nature of humans. Even the most courageous people have fear.
Types of fear we are surrounded by:-
- Fear of bathing or washing
- Fear of darkness
- Fear of pain
- Fear of loneliness
- Fear of doctor
- Fear of diseases
- Fear of ghosts
- Fear of riding in a car
- Fear of open places or of being in crowded, public places like markets
- Fear of wild animals
- Fear of success
- Fear of job
- Fear of mother
- Fear of father
- Fear of teacher etc.
How to analyze your fear
The first step of overcoming of fear is to analyze them. From whom and from what thing I am afraid of most and why? Irrational fears are developed in the same way other flesh patterns are developed. It is very helpful to ascertain when the fear became prominent and what was happening in your life at that time.
Five tips for overcoming our fear:-
1. Take time out:- It feels impossible to think clearly when you're flooded with fear or anxiety. So the first thing to do is take time out so you can physically calm down. Meet new people and never remain alone in a room as being alone our mind imagines unnecessary things.
2. Expose yourself to the fear:- Avoiding fears only makes them scares. If you panic one day getting into a lift, it's best to get back into the lift the next day. Stand in the lift and feel the fear until it goes away. Whatever your fear, if you face it, it should start to fade.
3.Talk about your fear:- Sharing fear takes away a lot of their scariness. If you can't talk to a partner, friend or family members, call a helpline number such as the Samaritans(08457909090 24 hours a day). If your are not going away then go for on-line help through new on-line service called Fear Fighter.
4. Celebrate your victories:- Don't wait until your fear has been completely overcome to your effort. Celebrate each milestone whether you told a story to a group of people at a Patty, saw a spider and realized you did not want to run away, or took a trip to a different city by yourself for the first time. When you see how good it feels to gain an edge on your fear, you'll be ready to face the next one head-on.
5. Avoid negative thinking:- The most important point to overcome our fear is negative thinking. Negative thinking has an immediate, destructive impact on your life, because the moment you have a negative thought, its already hindering you from achieving something what you want. It also makes us feel worse. So never think negative always think positive. Whatever work you are starting never think that this work will finish or not just do that work whether it completes or not.
The main thing to overcome our fear that I have also tried is to remain calm and firstly think of the fear, what actually I am afraid of. Then consult with your friends or family members. By consulting only our half of the fear goes away.
Hope this topic on overcoming your fear help you a lot in your life.
Tips for overcoming your fear
© 2014 Praveen Pal