- Alternative & Natural Medicine»
- Whole-Body Health & Holistic Medicine
How to restore the body PH naturally
How to restore the body PH naturally.
If you have ever maintained a fish tank you would understand why it is so important to maintain the proper PH. If your PH is off in your fish tank- all ciaos goes loose, and your fish starting getting sick. This goes the same with human beings. Maintaining the proper PH in your body contributes to how you feel overall and is very detrimental to your health.
Alkaline ~ Acid pH Balanced Diet Explained
What is the scientific wordage on this?
PH stands for power of hydrogen, which is a measurement of the hydrogen ion concentration in the body. The total pH scale ranges from 1 to 14, with 7 considered to be neutral. A pH less than 7 is said to be acidic and solutions with a pH greater than 7 are basic or alkaline. Our ideal pH is slightly alkaline - 7.30 to 7.45.
What can happen with High Acidic levels and imbalanced PH?
You know how your grandma always said “you gotta eat your greens”? Well she is just right. Eating Green foods helps keep your PH at the right levels, and your acidity low.
Improper pH levels and high acidic levels have contributed to: Immune system issues: Digestive System issues; Respiratory System issues; Nervous System issues; and Circulatory system and so forth.
Immune system issues: This is another one that is affected by improper PH levels. Let’s just say that acidic environments are great breading grounds for anaerobic pathogens. Bad pathogens remain dormant depending on the cellular PH, so if you have a high acidic environment it gives home to sickness germs that will make you ill.
Digestive System: Organs become confused and inflamed when the pancreas is exhausted from lack of alkaline minerals from enzyme rich foods. Indigestion, bloating, nausea, gastric reflux are all from excess acid, and not enough alkaline minerals in the intestine.
Respiratory System: Believe it or not but your cells need to breathe properly. Every cell in your body needs to breathe oxygen. When you have a high acidity ratio- then mucus wastes, and infections build up in your lungs which leads to colds; asthma; and bronchitis.
Nervous System : Never thought eating that all those cheeseburgers would weaken your nervous system did you? Acidity drains the nervous system and deprives it of energy. It makes the mental; physical; and emotional body weak.
Circulatory System: When you have high acidity- the body starts to line the arteries with plaque- axially trying to prevent leakage which can arrest imminent death. In your body’s way of keeping you alive- it axially makes it harder for blood to flow properly- thus causing your heart to be exhausted which is what we call a heart attack.
Transitioning your diet to becoming more alkaline
This is Great information; but what do I need to do to keep my acidity levels low?
- You already know this answer- it’s what has been installed in your brain as a kid. Avoid processed foods; refined sugar; soda even diet; flour; rice; beef; cranberries; dairy; fast food; Alcohol ; and even caffeine. These can cause your body to become to acidic.
- This is great- so what can I eat? You do this by eating more alkalizing foods. An alkalized diet, which contains a large amount of fresh fruits and vegetables. This therefore helps balance your body's pH level by creating bicarbonates that act like buffers against the acid. Research indicates that eating a diet higher in fresh fruits and vegetables but lower in animal protein and grains may promote increased bone strength.
- Drink alkaline water. It has essential minerals such as calcium and magnesium, which help alkalize your body.
- You can squeeze a lemon in your water every day. The lemon at first is acidic- but when it goes in your body it turns alkaline.
- Use pink Himalayan salt instead of table salt that has been bleached ad processed. It has added minerals that can lower the acidity.
How can I test my PH?
You can go to your local health foods store and buy PH test strips. This will give you the convenience to do this in your own home, or your doctor can run a blood sample and test it as well.
What are some supplements that can help improve my PH which is my overall health?
A. Red Desert Clay ( There is a supplement for this all natural)
B. B-tox / ZETOX, zeolite
C. pH booster - Makes very alkaline water to flush out excess acids / toxins
D. Magnesium Powder - relaxes the bowels, relieves consti-pation, assists over 300 body functions
E. Spirulina - Nutrient dense alkalizing food - powder or tablets. Always purchase in a dark glass amber jar.
F. Pure Synergy Organic Superfood powder - add to alkaline water and drink
(2012) Felicetti Julian. How to balance your PH to heal your body. Retrieved 1/16/2014 on the World Wide Web: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-6243/How-to-Balance-Your-pH-to-Heal-Your-Body.html
Restore PH. Retrieved 1/16/2014 on the World Wide Web: http://www.i-amperfectlyhealthy.com/pHBalance.html