How you can get rid of Diabesity
What is Diabesity? It's the amalgamation of the terms diabetes and obesity. One out of 2 people has this sickness. According to Mark Hymann M.D., the author of Blood Sugar Solution, people consume 20 to 30 teaspoons of sugar a day. This could lead to life taking diseases such as heart attack, stroke, and cancer. Hymann offered some tips on how to check if you have Diabesity. First stand in front of the mirror and take off your shirt. Jump and if your stomach jiggles, you have extra belly fat. Second, if you crave for sugar and refined carbs. Third, if you have high blood sugar and high triglycerides. Lastly, if you are inactive. If you are guilty of any of these warning signs, then you are at risk of diabesity. The best solution to stop diabesity is to change one's diet. Here is a six week plan that Dr. Hymann recommended to lose the unwanted pounds.
1. Eliminate foods that cause blood sugar spike- One ingredient we should look out for is MSG or Monosodium Glutamate. It can be found in processed chips, crackers and even in salad dressings.
2. "Franken" foods- These are artificial additives and colorings that are mostly found in food products. If you check the labels and you can see ingredients that are difficult to pronounce, they are considered "Franken" foods.
3. Dairy- There are sixty different hormones found in dairy products. These can cause an increase in insulin.
The 6 week diet plan consists of good protein and fats. You don't have to count the calories. There are four main principles of this 6 week plan.
1. Eat every meal with vegetables. The ratio should be two to one. Your plate should have 50% vegetables, 25% protein and 25 % carbohydrates. An example for breakfast would be a a vegetable frittata.
2. Qualitarian- Try to take into consideration the quality of food you eat. Avoid processed foods. Not all calories are the same. For example we have 240 calories of soda and 240 calories of broccoli. A 240 calorie of soda is equivalent to 15 tsps. of sugar while a 240 calorie broccoli has 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar and 34 grams of fiber.
3. Detoxification- Eat watercress, artichokes, and broccoli. These items are good for detoxifying.
4. Oil change- You may think only cars need an oil change. People need it. Eat the right kind of fats. If you eat the ordinary butter, substitute it for coconut butter or almond butter. If you use vegetable oil for cooking, you can use grape seed oil.
It may be difficult to give up the food that you love, but it's not as hard as you think it might be. We need to take care of ourselves and learn how to substitute processed foods for all natural ingredients. Obesity has become an epidemic. Let us hope that Diabesity won't be next.