Is The Sixties The New Thirties
Is The Sixties The New Thirties
What do you think?
Come on people lets get real here. I am getting kind of tired of seeing this every time I open up my computer and then logging onto my Facebook etc.
I think the norm would be ten years younger. To me that is more reasonable, unless you have great genes like my husband's sisters, maybe twelve at the most, but 20 and 30 years younger is getting a little bit extreme, don't you think? Maybe I am wrong but that just doesn't seem right. That would mean that I look the same age as my son. Not so!
What are they claiming? That a ordinary everyday woman is getting the plastic surgeons upset because of their new found youth found in a cream. Claiming to make you look even up to 30 years younger lol. Wow! The fountain of youth! Take a magic pill or put on some cream and you will look up to 30 years younger.
In all reasoning if that were the case then we all would be walking around looking a whole lot younger than our age. Don't you think? Especially when they advertise that all you have to do is pay maybe five dollars for the first time to get the bottle for practically nothing and try it out. Bull crap! False advertisement.
And people really buy into this stuff, why else are they still in the business. Common sense, that is all it takes. They prey on the poor and take their money because the poor can't afford to do anything else. Lets face it in the beauty industry they have put so much importance on having to look youthful and attractive. So those who can't afford plastic surgery, botox etc. buy into this scam.
I know that no matter how old you get your going to want to look your best. I don't care what anyone says. I had ladies telling me that they don't care. Yea right! My mother cared when she was in her last year and could barely get around. She had her eyebrows done and her hair done that to me, is caring.
It may not be 20 to 30 years younger but nevertheless you will look and feel younger. There is no quick fix.
Facts To Looking Younger
- 1 You are not going to get younger looking by using a bottle of cream or taking a pill.
- 2 Even Plastic surgery can only do so much, you must do your part if you want to feel and look younger then what you really are.
- 3 Daily exercise, for one thing. I know a person gets tired of hearing this but this isn't negotiable in fact it is essential for good health reasons. It also helps with stress the number one problem with aging and health issues.
You don't have to go to a gym but just keep yourself active. I haven't been as active as I was and boy I am sure feeling the difference.
- 4 Eat a healthy diet adding fruits and vegetables to your diet try going as organic as you can. The food industry doesn't care about your health they care more about how much money they are going to profit. That is my personal opinion.
- 5 Get enough sleep that way you wake up feeling all refreshed
- 6 Then add a daily routine to your facial regime. Using proper cleansing and exfoliation and moisturize then if you do all of the above then you can look much younger for your age. It isn't going to happen just by using a bottle of cream. Don't believe it unless you were born with good genes.
Exercise Good for your mind, spirit and body
Ten Facts about exercise and anti-aging
- 1 When you exercise your body your mind is also sharper and it helps with stress.
- 2 You can increase longevity and help you age healthy by doing regular exercise.
- 3 As we get older our bones become more fragile with weight lifting and it doesn't mean you have to lift heavy weights can be 5 pounds whatever you feel comfortable doing. It also helps to prevent fractures, osteoporosis and osteopenia.
- 4 Doing simple exercises can help you with your balance that way you won't have accidents or falls as you age.
- 5 You get more energy when you exercise. It helps with fatigue.
- 6 It causes your immune system to be strong. Therefore you are more better to fight off infections and colds.
- 7 Exercise does help you mentally and it can help with the onset of dementia and other cognitive problems.
- 8 When you exercise, your body releases adrenaline, endorphins, dopamine and serotonin. Therefore putting you in a better mood. It allows you also to feel good about yourself.
- 9 When you exercise first thing in the morning it gives you a goodnights rest.
- 10 Last but not least exercise gives you good sex and great stamina.
Anti aging workouts
This Stronger Seniors Stretch & Strength Workout Program by Certified Fitness Instructor Anne Pringle Burnell to help seniors develop strength and to enhance the ability to function in everyday life.
You are what you eat
My Son And His friend
Celebrating for your birthday like my son was doing, is a good thing. But your daily intake is what is important.
My rule of thumb is anything in moderation isn't bad.
- 1 Good brain foods and antioxidants with omega in it can be found in nuts, walnuts, blueberries pomegranate juice.
- 2 Cancer preventers can be found in berries, onions, peppers, black tea, red wine, strawberries, kiwi fruit, baby spinach, sesame seeds this is to name a few.
- 3 Energy booster can be found in baby spinach, whole grains, iron in lean protein like chicken, raisins and green leafy plants.
- 4 Healthy heart: baby spinach, garlic, dark chocolate, natural peanut butter, olive oil, almonds, dried cherries, whole wheat, red wine etc.
- 5 Foods that are good for your skin: lemon, strawberries, blueberries, baby spinach, kiwi fruit, walnuts, dried cherries, poblano pepper, and marinara sauce,
- 6 Body slimmers foods high in fiber that make you feel full so that you won't over eat. Here are a few. nonfat plain Greek yogurt, walnuts, raisins, almonds, black beans, cinnamon, baby spinach, pistachios, kale and quinoa
Proper Amount Of Sleep
Did You Know that your every day lifestyle choices Do make an enormous difference to the quality of your nightly rest.
- 1 For one thing if you keep a regular schedule of what time you go to bed and what time you get up your most likely feel more refreshed. Then when you go to bed at different times.
- 2 What helps me is keeping my room pitch dark but I sleep in the basement so that really helps me sleep.
- 3 What doesn't help me sleep is the background noise that is coming from my daughter so then I have to make her either put her music down or shut it off. You can't sleep good with all the noise obviously unless your one of those who can sleep through anything. I am not one of them. I need quiet.
- 4 Keep your room cool it helps you cover up and feel secure. I tend to keep a fan going sometimes even in the winter the coolness and the noise somehow rocks me to sleep. But everyone is different so you do what works for you.
- 5 Having a comfortable bed to sleep on duh lol
- 6 Back to the exercise, when you are living an active lifestyle it keeps you more stress free and able to have a good nights rest. But like with everything there has to be balance don't over do it you need to rest to.
Homedics SS-5020 Sound Spa Premier FM Clock Radio with 20 Relaxation Sounds
This is something I had but not sure what happened to it but I loved it. Especially when I had a full house it drowned out all that background noise so that I can have a good nights rest. It really is a good tool and it does make you feel like your there.
When you have done all of the above Then you can look 10 years younger. I am in my 50's
You need to pick a good skin regime
For me it is skin medica described to me by a doctor. Not everyone can afford to buy this because it can be pretty expensive but it does work.
- 1 You can use Loreal, Avon, Mary Kay, Olay and lower costing skin treatments that you can find at any store.
- 2 Cleansing your face with dove or ivory with moisturizers in it will do. It doesn't have to be an expensive kind.
- 3 But you should use a retinol as we get older to help fine lines and winkles plus it helps exfoliate your skin. I use skin medica for that.
- 4 There are simple ways to exfoliate your skin by using home products: sugar with olive oil mixed will remove those dead cells.
Oatmeal is another source to a face scrub you combine one forth teaspoon of salt to 1 tablespoon of ground oatmeal.
There are many ways to use a facial scrub just don't over do it.
- 5 Moisturize always keeps your skin more nourished and hydrated. Especially as you age you get more dehydrated. Now this is where I fail you really need to drink a lot of water that is even more important.
- 6 Very important to always use a sunscreen at least SPF 30 + and try not to spend a whole lot of time in the sun. If you do you really need to use your sunscreen and repeat it if your out for a long period of time. I use skin medica. You use what works for you.