Keep Your Mind And Body Fresh 24 Hours
I’m a firm believer in exercise and fresh air. Even if I don’t have time for a full workout, getting outside and moving every day is so important for the mind, body and soul. And feeding my body good, wholesome foods and fresh juices, while also indulging in life’s sweeter things (brownies!), is also important for balance.
I believe that keeping your mind and body engaged on different subject matters is important. If you work in tech, read a book or do a project on something unrelated, such as cooking in your free time. Oftentimes the knowledge gained in other subject matters even cross pollinates to your main area of expertise without you even thinking about it. As long as you’re keeping your mind open to new ideas, I don’t think it will ever get stale.
It’s important to work out and make healthy lifestyle choices. My clients and team do not get the best from me if I’m not taking care of myself. I am conscious about what I put into my body, and I want to keep my energy level high. Drinking lots of lemon water and hot tea—as well as taking 30-45 minutes to break a sweat every day—is very important to me. I can clear my mind during those minutes while I work out.
I bucket things into two categories:
1. Stuff that I can’t control,
2. Stuff that I can control. If items fall into Category
1, I put that concern away as something intellectually interesting and detach emotionally. If items fall into Category
2, I either attack it immediately or put it on a work queue to be tackled in time. Reducing uncertainty means reducing anxiety.
Sleep! We live in a culture that glorifies all-nighters and partying ‘till sunrise. Not getting enough sleep is the most common cause for being off your A-game. Be realistic with yourself. If eight hours a night sounds crazy, shoot for seven. But set the intention and respect it. You’ll thank yourself later.
20 Healthy Habits to Keep Your Body and Mind Fresh
1. Waking up early – waking up early helps your body to transition smoothly and you also get enough time to prepare yourself for the day.
2. Regular exercise – exercising helps mind health and body to stay in check.
The muscles stretch and the body gets rid of what it does not need.
3. Meditating – meditating gives you a healthy mind and you feel rejuvenated.
4. Doing away with sugar – sugar brings compilations to your health and it is advisable to get rid of it.
Even physicians advise people to avoid intake of direct sugar.
5. Drinking plenty of water – our bodies are made of 70% water.
If you get dehydrated, many complications come up and you can easily get sick or even die.
Doing a lot of physical activities makes your body stronger.
You strain, sweat, and help the body to respire easily.
6. Taking a healthy breakfast – your body and mind requires strength to keep running.
A power breakfast charges your body with robust energy to run for the day.
7. Having regular sex – after food, clothing, and shelter, sex is the fourth human basic need.
You need it to remain healthy and satisfied.
8. Drinking green tea – green tea has galore benefits for your body because of its nutritional content.
When you drink it, you will remain healthier day after day.
9. Eating fruits – fruits have a lot of vitamins and water that our bodies need to remain healthy.
You should eat a lot of fruits to enable your body to remain healthy and improve your immunity.
10. Eating enough proteins – proteins are body building foods and they provide materials to build the muscles of your body.
They make you get stronger and look more appealing.
11. Avoid inhaling polluted air – breathing in polluted air is dangerous because the pollutants will harm you.
Have enough sleep – sleep deprivation has health hazards not to mention compromising your work output and performance.
12. Keep good company – good company will lighten the burdens of your life by helping, entertaining, and giving you positive things.
13. Eat enough vegetables – just like fruits, vegetables also have high vitamin content and when you take them, they supply your body with enough vitamins.
14. Avoid drug abuse – drugs are destructive to your body. They do great harm to many organs, and alter the normal functioning of the body.
15. Maintain a good body posture – keeping a good body posture shows confidence.
16. Walk – if you cannot go to the gym to exercise, you can walk and that helps your body to exercise extensively.
17. Change you mindset – having a negative mentality about others and life in general is poisonous.
You become paranoid, pessimistic, and you thrive on oddities.
18. Take minerals and vitamin supplements – the two do a great favour to your body and you remain healthy.
Moreover, they also strengthen your immune system so that your body can resist and fight diseases.
19. Eat natural unprocessed foods – natural foods that are not processed nor have chemicals added to them are very healthy.
20.“To keep the body in good health is a duty…otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.”
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 shoaib