- Alternative & Natural Medicine»
Lavender Essential Oil and Its Healing Benefits
Lavender is amongst the world’s most popular fragrances. Apart from its amazing, sweet and intense essence, lavender also provides many remedies for the problems related to both physical and emotional aspects. Lavender therapies can also be used to heal the problems associated with migraines, insect bites, skin problems, burns, infections, stress and nervous problems. Lavender is composed of certain complex organic combinations, making it apt to be used for a wide array of healing therapies.
Remedies provided by Lavender essential oil:
1) Healing for aching muscles: After a heavy workout, or aggressive back-breaking action, a lavender bath with the water that includes few drops of lavender essential oil and some Epsom salt can work wonder in healing the aching muscles.
2) Cure for Acne: Aroma therapists recommend Lavender oil to be one of the most efficient ingredients for the acne treatment process. It suppresses the bacteria, which causes the skin infection, assists in rebalancing the over-secretion of sebum on which the bacteria thrives, and abridges the marks. The application is very simple. You just have to add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a normal face cream and use it as a moisturizer or cleanser.
3) Cure for minor burns: Lavender oil provide an instant relief to the burns, without the scarring. Once you have cooled the burnt area with cool water, gently apply neat lavender oil on the effected part.
4) Cure for ear-ache: Lavender oil can work its best to heal the pain in ears and throats. Just warm a bottle of lavender oil in hot water for a minute or two and then gently apply the warm oil over the skin around the ears and throat.
5) Anti-Bacterial: French lavender oil has been tested to exhibit an extremely strong anti-bacterial property. Lavender oil in dilutions of 5 percent or less can work efficiently against the diseases like TB, diphtheria and typhoid, in combination with lemon balm.
6) Cure for Eczema: Apply infused lavender oil on the dry and itchy skin. You can also mix few drops of lavender oil with a carrier oil like olive oil or a calamine motion, and apply the same for instant relief.
7) Cure for Faintness or Palpitations: You can prepare your own customized fragrant salts to cure the problems of palpitations, by combining sea salt, lavender oil, peppermint oil and basil oil.
8) Cure for Fatigue: Just put 5-6 drops of lavender oil in hot water and soak your feet in it. Since, the soles of the feet are quite porous, the lavender oil can instantly reach your bloodstream, thereby applying its soothing and relieving actions to various body parts.
9) Cure for Fever: When in fever, while sponging the patient’s body with warm water, add a few drops of lavender essential oil to it. This works well for both adults and children
10) Cure for Menstrual Cramps: Massaging a few drops of lavender oil into your lower abdomen can give quite relief from the menstrual cramps.
Apart from the above mentioned healings, lavender oil can provide multiple more benefits, especially for the healing of respiratory problems related to cold, cough, influenza, congestion in lungs and sinuses. As a matter of fact, one of the most proficient benefits of Lavender essential oil, is the healing it provides for the respiratory problems.
Lavender is mostly composed of the esters, which are aromatic molecules and are know for their antispasmodic, tonic and pacifying attributes. The other molecules that fill in the Lavender provide additional anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
Buy Lavender Oil Online
You can now easily buy lavender essential oil and other related aromatherapy products online at amazon. There are varieties of aromatherapy lavender oil, now available right from lavender bath oil, lavender fragrance oil to lavender body oil. Below are few of the most popular lavender product ranges mentioned:
- Beauty Diaries
Know more about makeup, beauty and cosmetic products, launches and reviews of some known and some not-so-known beauty and cosmetic brands here.