This cosmetic procedure is also called lipoplasty.
The concept of liposuction is straightforward and very simple. Liposuction is a cosmetic surgical technique that improves the body's contour by removing excess fat from deposits located between the skin and muscle. Liposuction involves the use of a small stainless steel tube called a cannula. The cannula is connected to a powerful suction pump and inserted into the fat through small incisions in the skin. Fat removal is accomplished as the suction cannula creates tiny tunnels through the fatty layers. After surgery, these tiny tunnels collapse and result in an improved body contour.
Liposuction can be accomplished either with the use of general anesthesia, or with heavy IV sedation, or totally by local anesthesia.
The decision to have liposuction is extremely personal and you’ll have to decide if the benefits will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications are acceptable. Your plastic surgeon will explain in detail the risks associated with surgery. Be sure to ask questions.
Risks of Liposuction
The risks of Liposuction must be understood by all prospective patients. In order to minimize the risk of liposuction, one must be aware of the following facts:
- Too much liposuction is an excessive volume of aspirated fat, or an excessive number of areas treated. Excessive surgical trauma (excessive liposuction) is dangerous and is an important cause for serious liposuction complications.
- Unrelated surgical procedures on the same day as liposuction are unnecessary. Prolonged exposure to anesthesia is dangerous and is an important cause for serious liposuction complications.
- Disfiguring skin irregularities and depressions are frequently the result of inattention to detail. A liposuction cannula is a stainless steel tube inserted through an incision in the skin that is employed to suction the fat. The size of the liposuction cannula can influence the smoothness of the skin after liposuction.
Dr. Larry Weinstein reviews LIPOSUCTION
- The Dr Oz Show - www.DoctorOz.com
The Doctor Mehmet Oz Show is certainly a hit millions of people and the show's official website is at www.doctoroz.com. The website is the place you can keep track of all the 'Ask Dr Oz' segments and...
Dr.Solomon performs Liposuction
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction 101 (Health Tip) - What it Can and Can not do
Health of Interest ...
- www.TheScooterStore.com - Wheelchairs, Mobility Scooters, The Scooter Store
Do you or someone you know have mobility issues? The Scooter Store website addresses independent living issues for many patients who need power scooters and wheelchairs.
Disclaimer: The content of this page is not affiliated with the company names or products discussed, listed, presented or shown. The information provided is for general information purposes only and without warranties of any kind. Company names and products shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.