Losing Weight with Probiotics and Other Essential Foods
While reading more about probiotics, I get to know more about its benefits too. I had also this simple idea about what it is and a keyword to describe it. Once fermented, a food can already contain a good bacteria called probiotics (correct me if I am wrong).
Here is another interesting benefit I have just known about this microorganism.
Probiotics can Help Lose Weight
Human and animals were tested to prove that bacteria play major roles in the digestive system and that they can affect weight. Bacteroidetes and Firmicutes are the two main families of good bacteria found in the gut. It has been observed that humans get obese when they have fewer bacteroidetes and more firmicutes. Same applied to animals through an experiment with mice where they tried to transfer an obese mouse’s bacteria in a normal weight mouse and the latter got fat.
There are a lot of bacteria in the gut and probiotics may help reduce absorption of calories. One thing more, it can reduce the chances of obesity by decreasing its causes such as inflammation. Some lactobacillus strains present in yogurt can also help reduce weight and belly fats.
Though, a lot of studies already show that probiotics can help lose weight there are also other strains that can increase the risk of weight gain. One strain with this ability is Lactobacillus acidophilus. Probiotic supplements can be found with a weight loss feature, one example is the Probiotics 5B-15 of Vitruvian. It is an easy to swallow pearl capsule probiotics for women and men. It also reduces inflammation and boosts the immune system.
Other Kitchen Essentials for Weight Loss
1. Oatmeal – Fiber is known to lower bad cholesterol and it is found in oatmeal. It has also low fat content and has enough protein in it.
2. Peanut Butter – According to Dr. Timothy Harlan, this is a healthy heart-friendly fat which also has a fiber in it making you feel full faster. Because some are allergic to peanuts, they can take almond meal as a substitute with the same benefit.
3. Green Leafy Vegetables – Aside from the fact that green leaves are full of nutrients needed by the body, they are also loaded with fiber. You can have the option to eat more without gaining weight but staying healthy. Other vegetables like brussel sprouts, broccoli and cabbage are also fiber rich foods and loaded with just enough protein.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar – This vinegar can be taken in by mixing it to beverages, foods, or by taking it in small amounts. Taking enough dose can help increase the feeling of fullness which may prevent you from taking in more amount of carbohydrates for the rest of the day.
5. Water – Yes, drinking a lot of water can also help you lose weight because like the others, it helps you feel fuller. Aside from the weight loss effect, taking in enough water a day will surely help you feel healthier and more energetic plus, it keeps you hydrated having a healthier skin, hair and nails.