Easy Gluten Free Low Carb Pizza Dough Recipe
Cream Cheese Pizza Crust
You Can Make Low Carb Pizza?
If you've been reading my other hubs, you'll know that I started on my low carb journey a few months ago. I thought that going on a low carb diet meant that I would have to give up a lot of foods I loved. I am slowly learning that I can still have the foods I enjoyed before, I just have to be smart and creative in my cooking.
Good low carb recipes can be found. Since starting on my low carb journey, I have managed to have a pretty happy and healthy birthday, thanks to a low carb birthday cake recipe I found in my searchings. It was a hit with me and my non-low carb friends.
My problem came when I would be around my friends and they would talk about that great pizza they had last night. I was so jealous. I wanted pizza! I didn't want to derail my diet and give in, so I had to do some digging to find a recipe that was low carb friendly.
After a lot of searching, I came across a blog called Accidental Mommies. Her recipe was made out of simple ingredients I already had in the kitchen so I gave it a shot. Wow. After not having pizza for a few months, this hit the spot.
Quick and Easy Gluten Free Low Carb Pizza
One of the things I like most about this recipe is how quick and easy it is to make. A lot of low carb recipes require a lot of ingredients not commonly found in most grocery stores. This recipe uses ingredients that are likely already in your kitchen.
If you thought eating pizza was a thing of the past, think again. Give this a try, it's delicious!
A Great Gluten Free Low Carb Cookbook
Easy Gluten Free Low Carb Pizza Crust Recipe
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- pinch black pepper
- 1 Tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce, (no sugar!)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 cup mozzerella cheese
- sauteed pepperoni, (or your preferred protein)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- For the crust: Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a 9x13 baking dish. Blend cream cheese and eggs and season with pepper and garlic powder. Add parmesan cheese and stir until combined. Pour into buttered baking dish. Bake for 17 minutes or the top is golden brown. Let crust cool completely before adding toppings.
- For the pizza: After crust is cooled, raise oven to 400F. Mix together pizza sauce, garlic, and oregano. Top crust with sauce and spread evenly. Top with mozzerella cheese. Add your preferred toppings and bake for 8 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- The pizza will be very soft when removed from the oven. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Hints and Tips
I have learned through experience that in order for your crust to be the best it can be, it is important to cook the crust until it is uniformly brown on top. If there is just patches of brown on top, your crust will not be as good. Also, the second thing to remember is to make sure the crust is cooled completely before the toppings are added.
Remember these tips and you'll be enjoying your low carb pizza in no time!
Another Great Tasting Low Carb Pizza Recipe
- Best Tasting Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Recipe
Everyone loves pizza, even those that are gluten sensitive. Most gluten-free pizza recipes are lacking in taste. This recipe comes about as close as you can to the real thing.