- Diet & Weight Loss
Low fat diet recipes
Here are some simple and easy low fat diet recipes including banana smoothie, pancakes and spaghetti with mushrooms. Low fat diets promote weight loss since fat contains more calories than carbohydrates and protein. Try these delicious recipes and post your comment in the comment section below.
Cooking tips for low fat diet:
- 1. Use lean meat, fish and poultry. Trim all visible fat before cooking.
- 2. Always bake, roast or broil instead of deep frying
- 3. Limit the use of processed meats such as sausage, bologna, salami and hot dogs. These are high in
- saturated fat and sodium levels.
- 4. Also limit the use organ meats such as liver, kidney, brain and sweetbreads. These meats are high in
- 5. Switch to 1% milk or skim milk instead of whole milk.
- 6. Cut all transfats such as margarines.
- 7. Use canola oil, nonstick cooking spray, olive oil and safflower oil instead of butter.
- 8. Avoid nuts that are high in saturated fat such as macadamia.
- 9. Avoid foods made with hydrogenated vegetable oils, lard and butter.
1. Low fat banana smoothie
- Ripe banana - 1 small (peeled)
- Low fat milk - 1 cup
- Blue berries - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 3 tablespoons
- Ice cubes - 2
How to make low fat banana smoothie: Combine banana, milk, blue berries, honey and ice cubes in a blender. Blend until smooth and serve. You can use skim milk or 1% milk. Honey will really sweeten this banana smoothie.
2. Low fat pancakes:
- Egg whites - 2
- Buttermilk - 1 cup
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons
- Applesauce unsweetened - 2 tablespoons
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
How to make low fat pancake:
Add egg whites, butter milk, vegetable oil and applesauce in a bowl. Beat well. Now add the flour little by little and mix well. Finally add salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix all the ingredients for 1 minute. Spray griddle with olive oil. Pour pancake batter into hot griddle. Serve with applesauce or low fat butter.
3. Low fat spaghetti with mushrooms:
Low fat recipes
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Chestnut mushrooms - 1 pack 200g
- Garlic cloves - 5 thinly sliced
- Orange bell peppers - 2
- White beans cooked - 1 can
- Celery stick - 1 chopped
- Parsley - 1/4 cup chopped
- Tomatoes chopped - 400g can
- Onions - 1 chopped
- Dried chilli flakes - 1/2 teaspoon
- Spaghetti - 250g
- Salt to taste
How to make low fat spagetti:
Heat olive in a pan and add mushrooms. Fry until golden brown for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, peppers and fry for a minute. Now add the onions, celery, parsley, and beans and fry for few more minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, chilli flakes and salt. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according to cooking instructions. Toss with tomato sauce and serve. Delicious low fat spaghetti is ready to eat.